AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while running dvd from htpc to pj through s-video the screen will go black after a period of time then come back on with unreadable print towards the top which then goes away. Video will run for 5 minutes more then go black again then come back. I am trying to set up and converge everything but the manual say to run video for 30 minutes before making adjustments. Saw this problem and wondered if there was a bigger problem. The g2 pots have been changed and a previous post told me to adjust them on picture mute until I saw a raster then back down until it goes away. The blue control does not give a raster. A post for the xg says to delete all inputs then reenter a signal entry as default. Is this a good idea for pg6 as well. I bought it used and there are several inputs in the input list.

thank you

carlton

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have that problem if I turn on the source before turning on the projector. Try turning on the projector first and selecting an input prior to turning on the dvd player and htpc. Then let the projector run for 30+ minutes displaying video. The projector, not the video, needs to warm before performing any adjustments.

If you haven't set up any signal inputs with this projector, I'd eliminate all but one and select that one prior to turning on the source. The convergences will likely be way off, but it can be adjusted for the signal you send to the projector, and then the input name on the signal source list can be renamed.

HOWEVER, make sure your pj is properly set up relative to the screen before worrying about picture adjustments. Proper set-up geometry is important for projector life.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Start by using the rgb input instead, this will take the projectors video decoder board out of the equation, it could the source of your trouble and there's NO reason to use it. Then do a signal entry if the pj doesn't already have one for the signal you're sending it. Stop twiddling pots, you'll likely need a full reference white balance procedure done by a qualified tech. If your blue tube is not coming on it could be dead or it could be that the refercene white balance is so screwed up it can't come on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.