AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just asking, what's the price for new pg9 blue and green tubes ? Just checked with local Nec distributor & was quoted US$1000. ea. thought of keeping as spares though I'm only clocking 820hrs. as I heard the tubes are getting scarce esp. for crt parts here in Malaysia of which officially only Barco is still supporting crts.

regards

Lee

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
You can send your present tubes for rebuilding in the US for less money than that IF you ever need to. I'd hold out till that dealer discounts them because he doesn't have any more crt customers. The rebuilds are supposedly indistinguishable from the NEC originals now, anyway.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Hi Lee,

$1,000 seems very high, I also was told these sold for around the $500 range. www.crtcinema.com/ had them just until recently for $530, however I think they are sold out because they just removed them from their web site in the last couple of days. I just purchased an NEC 9PG Extra that has had all three crt's replaced with new ones and the cost of the whole projector was only $2,200. Contact Tim from Hammerhead Technology at [email protected] . He told me that they purchased most of, if not all of what NEC had in crt's (something like 12 pallets of them).

Don

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.