AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried everything and I cant see "B" in the screen calibration tool (W is clearly visible) ... So game is looking dark overally. My screen is LG 42LC2R, and I need help .

·
Registered
587 Posts
I was tooling around with the same settings yesterday and found that to see the 'B' I've got to boost my brightness up so much that anything not blacker than black comes in grey. I'm using a Sanyo PLV-Z2 (not the best blacks from the get go, I guess). I suggest boosting your gamma setting on your TV. That should help keep the blacks black and improve the shadow detail.

Anyway, I've never been able to get the game to look vibrant. Even sunny days look overcast. Just a weirdly dark game altogether.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response, I believe it is not about my TV because I've got no problem with other games such as oblivion, fight night round 3 and Quake 4. Also when I push brightness up in PGR3, game is only becoming more 'gray' ... Im trying to fix it for two days, and now Im fed up with this and decided to trade or sell the game...

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
DO NOT CALIBRATE WITH AVIA FOR GAMING, the settings are totally and completely off.

AVIA is for movies, any game you play will be MUCH, much too dark. Adjust your brightness until a reasonable compromise is found. For me, PGR3 was too dark in tunnels and in shadow areas where cars would just "disappear"....a few bumps of the brightness fixed things up, but I'm gaming on a CRT where black levels are not an issue.

But there aren't many areas in PGR3 that are "all black', even night racing, so you shouldn't be seeing greys that are too bright unless your LCD projector or Flatpanel are really old.

The guy with the Z2 and "1200:1" CR, yeah you're unfortunately going to be seeing greys.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.