Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a huge download though.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
1.25gb, yikes.

Since they've shown with the backwards compatibility updates (and of course the kiosk demo discs) that you can run games off burned media (if MS gives them the appropriate media flag), they really ought to let you download and burn these demos. I'm sure I'm not the only one downloading everything they put up, and that hard drive will fill up quickly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by curttard
1.25gb, yikes.

Since they've shown with the backwards compatibility updates (and of course the kiosk demo discs) that you can run games off burned media (if MS gives them the appropriate media flag), they really ought to let you download and burn these demos. I'm sure I'm not the only one downloading everything they put up, and that hard drive will fill up quickly.
That would be nice considering you cant do anything else on the xbox while the thing is downloading :mad:

·
Registered
342 Posts
I downloaded it and the demo is good, but my one qualm is it wouldn't let me replay the race. I think this would have been a great selling point for them.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I would have to say that this is the biggest FLAW with the Xbox: You can't use the 'box for ANYTHING while you are downloading a demo. I am puzzled while this is neccessary. Downloading doesn't take very much processing power, which the Xbox has plenty off.

What would REALLY make sense is if the 360 would allow you to download content to a networked PC. I would be perfectly happy to download full games this way if they sold them to me for $30 bucks!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Set it to download and go to bed like a good little soldier! :D

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey85stang
That would be nice considering you cant do anything else on the xbox while the thing is downloading :mad:
That was a HUGE surprise for me after hooking up my new 360 last night. Maybe it's just because i'm used to my PC, but I just assumed that the 360 would be able to download in the background while I play a game...

I mean the DVD games aren't really using the hdd at all, so why can't I do both at once??!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSquid

Set it to download and go to bed like a good little soldier!
Tried that, in the morning it had frozen and was still stuck at 55%....

·
Registered
104 Posts
I downloaded and played this game last night. All I've been hearing about this game is how great the graphics are. Well I didn't really see anything too impressive. Maybe they just chose a really dull level or something. I like the Fight Night Demo better.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetPreacher
Tried that, in the morning it had frozen and was still stuck at 55%....
Where do you have your xbox setup? Location? Is it in a confined entertainment center. My stand is open in the front and back with around 7 inches of space on each side. I have plenty of room around my 360, so it can breathe. I've left it on over night to download with no problems.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersatz
I downloaded and played this game last night. All I've been hearing about this game is how great the graphics are. Well I didn't really see anything too impressive. Maybe they just chose a really dull level or something. I like the Fight Night Demo better.

wow......

·
Registered
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepFreezed
and leave the 360 on for 6hrs?
Sure...enable Auto Shutdown after 6 hours and when you wake up, the file would be downloaded and 360 turned off.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepFreezed
and leave the 360 on for 6hrs?
Sure... make me seem like I'm the only freak that's ever gamed for 6+ hrs straight. :D

I had auto-shutdown in mind when I typed that.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnickersonjr
Where do you have your xbox setup? Location? Is it in a confined entertainment center. I have plenty of room around my 360, so it can breathe. I've left it on over night to download with no problems.
Thanks for the concern, but when I said 'frozen' I just meant that the download had stalled due to some network problem, the actual 360 was still working fine :). I think my roommate must have reset the router or something, so just had to sign back into live to get it going again.

My point was that if I could d/l AND game at the same time I would have been able to monitor the download instead of leaving it on all night and hoping all goes well.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSquid
Sure... make me seem like I'm the only freak that's ever gamed for 6+ hrs straight. :D

I had auto-shutdown in mind when I typed that.
Hehe...now if the thing could multitask, you would start the download and play something else for 6+ hours straight and then go back when downloading is finished. :)

MS, release a Dashboard update already!!

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangs55
Where's my Full Auto demo? :(

On the OXM disc ;) .

------ Jason

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.