AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
I left my 360 on for a couple of days straight when I first got it... lots of demo and trailer downloading. Nary a problem. The only hangs I've ever had have been in Madden and are somewhat repeatable and have happened to others so I consider them software bugs.

Also note that downloads can be resumed. I started the PGR3 download and watched some TV, later wanted to play so I canceled the download. Just went back to re-download later and it started up where it left off. Keep in mind the progress meter is very broken so it probably won't read correctly but it does work. PGR3 took me 3 different download sessions.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp
On the OXM disc ;) .

------ Jason

Not in our OXM discs. :)

I went to barnes and noble the other day to pick it up and they had about 15 copies of OXM. EVERY one of them had the DVD ripped out of the plastic leaving just the magazine behind. I asked b&n if they had any others, they told me no and that they might not stock the magazine anymore b/c this was becoming such a problem. :(

·
Registered
16,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetPreacher
Yeah, twelve bucks later...

Hope there's some decent content in this magazine! :p
It's $8.99 here where I buy and even cheaper if you subscribe to the mag ;) .

---------- Jason

·
Registered
16,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangs55

I went to barnes and noble the other day to pick it up and they had about 15 copies of OXM. EVERY one of them had the DVD ripped out of the plastic leaving just the magazine behind. I asked b&n if they had any others, they told me no and that they might not stock the magazine anymore b/c this was becoming such a problem. :(

That Stinks , I tell ya' ... some peoples kids :( .

--------- Jason

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp
It's $8.99 here where I buy and even cheaper if you subscribe to the mag ;) .
$8.99 USD / $11.99 CDN ;)

Played the full auto demo for a while last night, it looks great and is a lot of fun. I did notice a few framerate problems, so I just hope they can fix that up a bit before release!

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangs55

My local Chapters removes the discs and keeps them behind the counter. They are only handed out when you buy the magazine. A very simple but effective solution.

·
Registered
99 Posts
If it really took anyone 6 hours to download this, you are talking about less than 60kb/s dl speeds which sucks.

Or you could get FIOS like me and download this in a few minutes (server dependent).

Sorry, I love to brag about my FIOS 15Mb dl, 2Mb ul...

Now if I could only host some CoD2 games...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessbitz
If it really took anyone 6 hours to download this, you are talking about less than 60kb/s dl speeds which sucks.

Or you could get FIOS like me and download this in a few minutes (server dependent).

Sorry, I love to brag about my FIOS 15Mb dl, 2Mb ul...

Now if I could only host some CoD2 games...

Hello wirelessbitz...brag away!

How's the Xbox360 working with your Fios? Any problems at all?

I'm thinking about switching from 768dsl to Fios-5MB/2MB.

(Wish I had Fios when it took 6hrs to d/l Vista Beta 2 this past weekend.)

I'm using 802.11g cat5 wired network at the moment.

TIA for any info.

Regards,

sgibson

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgibson
Hello wirelessbitz...brag away!

How's the Xbox360 working with your Fios? Any problems at all?

I'm thinking about switching from 768dsl to Fios-5MB/2MB.

(Wish I had Fios when it took 6hrs to d/l Vista Beta 2 this past weekend.)

I'm using 802.11g cat5 wired network at the moment.

TIA for any info.

Regards,

sgibson
Think I'll start a new thread on Xbox360 Fios network here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...59#post7831859

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
So can the auto-shutdown only be used when using a download? I mean can you use it as a sleep timer, like if you were going to watch a DVD and have it turn off after a certain amount of time?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.