AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I just barely got my HT up and running for the SuperBowl. Went with the PHD-208 for my tuner, and other than my cable company not giving me full audio, have been fairly pleased with it.

Anyway, turned it on on Friday night and couldn't get any picture. I still had an optical audio cable hooked up from my surround sound tests and could hear it. But not a picture. The BR player and PJ appear to be working fine.

I'm trying to get this going for NCAA BB tourney and am bummed it isn't working. I unplugged it for a few minutes to no avail. I've had it unplugged since Friday and will try again this evening to see if it works.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Good luck getting your money back. They won't refund mine. I still have a picture but I'm not happy with the Prime DTV PHD 208. While it has good HD picture they have a design flaw in that HDMI audio output only does stereo and to get 5.1 you have to connect a toslink optical cable. Okay but many receivers like my Onkyo 807 ignore anything else when HDMI audio is detected as HDMI is expected to be highest quality. To work around this design flaw I had to connect the tuner directly to my projector then just the optical cable to the receiver. Means another 20' hdmi cable : ( And customer service assumes their customers are clueless when I probably know more that they do. And they won't refund my money.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was in a hurry to purchase this before the SuperBowl and didn't want another cable box rental fee. I believe I did buy the extended warranty, since I had read shaky reviews.

I did the optical cable since my AVR could handle that, but apparently my cable company doesn't give 5.1 without a cable box

1 - 4 of 4 Posts