Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in one.

I know of his fine reputation.

Tell me, once a pj is calibrated, does it ever needed to be tweaked?

And can the calibrated settings quantified in case the machine ever hiccups and needs to be reset. I mean if ever the calibrated settings were disturbed, could they be re-entered without sending the PJ out to Wm Phelps?

Thanks Jeff

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Jeff,

I have one for sale...

If the projector is calibrated with a new lamp, it's pretty much good to go. If the calibration is done with an older lamp, then you'll probably want a touch up at lamp replacement time...

I back up the projector before and after the calibration, using my own software (and JVC's PSA as well). If you like I can provide a Dilard backup too. So if anything should happen to the settings, you can always restore them.

William

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
just saw the faroudja demo of their panamorph-modded jvc which they say is a phelps modified g-15; it did look outstanding.

so, to william: is this the result of the basic g-15 with your calibration, or is faroudja doing something extra as well?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
jlm,

Faroudja has made an arrangement with JVC for qc on the projectors; the Optimization of the projector is mine.

William

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just couldn't help but chime in here. William performed a calibration on my G1000 last night and I cannot stress enough how dramatic the difference between optimized and not. I have had my DILA for several years and I must say that I truly regret not getting it done sooner. In fact, I think the calibration / optimization is the most dramatic upgrade available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.