AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Was coming in fine about 2:00 this afternoon here in Central NJ. Where are you located in NJ? The tropo forecast for today is not very strong whereas it has been very strong for most of the past week. Perhaps you are seeing what your reception of Philly NBC 10 will be for most of the year.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by SteveK2
Was coming in fine about 2:00 this afternoon here in Central NJ. Where are you located in NJ? The tropo forecast for today is not very strong whereas it has been very strong for most of the past week. Perhaps you are seeing what your reception of Philly NBC 10 will be for most of the year.
Okay, that's depressing! I was getting NBC but lost it a few days ago. I get ABC, CBS, UPN, WB and FOX but no NBC. I am located in Somerset County, NJ. I could play with the antenna a bit but I don't want to take a chance to lose the other channels.

Maybe it is just a black cloud over my house this week!

·
Registered
16 Posts
for the past two days I have been unable to recieve nbc10 as well. I can get just about every other digital channel, but I get nothing from nbc. I'm located in Abington pa, pretty close to philly.

Is there something wrong with their transmitter?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Both last night and tonight, 10-1 is coming in with a big, fat 0% signal. Thinking that I might have finally lost the signal that I've had all summer, I checked all the digitals that I receive from Philly. They were all there last night and tonight the signal strengths are ENORMOUS! Definately good tropo effect tonight! WHYY 12-1 is usally pretty close to 10-1's signal strength and tonight 12-1 is coming in at 77%...even 29-1, which I only get on strong tropo nights is coming in at 69%.

I've checked my attic antenna and it is fine and all connections are good.

My guess is a problem at the station/transmitter.

But if anyone *is* getting 10-1, please let us know.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Normally, I get a signal strength of 100%. Last two days 0%

·
Registered
420 Posts
Do the philly stations just drop power every am between 8 to 9;30 am? At

9;10 i had 75% signal on most philly channels, 10 minutes later, the reading drops to bad, and , no signal all stations.Im in brooklyn ny, and have never been able to get 10.1, however, i do get 3.1,6.1,17.1,29.1 and the 52's on most nights.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I've had the same reported trouble with NBC. Although just last night it was back. Still, bad signal. I never had problems with reception of this channel before. I even went up and fiddled with my antenna last weekend which did not help. WHYY (PBS12) is in the same boat. All other digital channels come in just fine, with strong signals. These two used to come in fine also with reasonable signals, but now I can't get WHYY at all, and NBC is not very strong. Don't know what these guys changed, but I don't think the problem is on our side or so many people would not be complaining about the signal all of a sudden.

Fox's transmitter was damaged by the hurricane, they are back now and working fine. But NBC and WHYY started having problems well before the hurricane.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.