AVS Forum banner

4981 - 5000 of 5135 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
I received this email today but I won't have time to rescan until late tonight to see if its true. The email was from KYW-TV Viewer Programming via cbs.onmicrosoft.com it said:

Subject: CBS3 & CW Philly TV Signal Restored
Thank you for your patience. We are pleased to report that the “over-the-air” signals for both KYW-TV and WPSG-TV have now been fully restored (and even improved). The necessary work at our transmitter site has been completed and you should now be able to receive our signals again once you rescan your television. Thank you for watching CBS3 and The CW Philly. We’re happy to be back with you.

Can anyone confirm that they actually did complete the install and transition to the final antenna that was delayed for so long due to manufactures, tower crews (and then the pandemic) delays?

I'm in Berks County where KYW and CW came in fine before the repack, and then once they did the repack the stations vanished (except for the occasional night of skip). I'll be happy to do a rescan much later.

·
Registered
810 Posts
They've been on their new antenna for over a week now, if you want confirmation, check the previous 2 pages of the thread starting from this post.
Thanks, I totally skipped that page (haven't visited in a bit and started on an earlier page, read a bit but then skipped to the end).

I'm excited to do a rescan this evening!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Yeah I now get 3 and 57 without any issues. My OTA lineup in Berks County is 3,8,10,17,29 (barely though), 35,39,57,60,65,69 with a pancake style powered antenna in an attic gable vent.

·
Registered
28 Posts
57 is coming in fine but 29 is still problematic. Is this the only major market with so many issues and with the most popular channel running on VHF-LO?
The repack definitely created a huge mess in Philadelphia (and other markets) that's taking a while to clean up. As for 6ABC on low VHF that was their fault. They chose the channel before the DTV transition of 2009. There's no where for them to move now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I haven’t seen WPVI since they went back to VHF. Was nice when they were on UHF.
Their signal isn't too hard to pick up. Many people just don't have the right antenna. You need one with low VHF capability. Most antennas are optimized for high VHF and UHF. 95% of antenna users probably have no idea what either is - hence the reception problems.

·
Registered
13,272 Posts
KYW (3) decided to crap out on me just before the Eagles game started. Reception cleaned up after the game and is stable for prime-time. Unreal. The re-pack debacle has forced me into a locast subscription. I'm not confident this will ever be resolved. The stations are packed so close together I'm willing to bet I'm getting interference from other stations depending on weather conditions.

Reactions: Brian in CT

·
Registered
460 Posts
I wrote this rant post nearly 18 years ago. Still kind of true.

4981 - 5000 of 5135 Posts