AVS Forum banner

5221 - 5240 of 5243 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Anyone else having trouble with WCAU 10.1? I lost it last night and still don't have it.
I have it back but last night it was terrible break up everywhere I resorted to WGAL thankfully. This morning it's not too high signal either normally around 80-90% signal quality now down to 51-56% this morning with my HDHOMERUN Quattro.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have it back but last night it was terrible break up everywhere I resorted to WGAL thankfully. This morning it's not too high signal either normally around 80-90% signal quality now down to 51-56% this morning with my HDHOMERUN Quattro.
Thanks! I guess I'll just wait it out for the signal to improve.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Anyone having issues with WPVI? I'm at a customer's house and I'm able to get everything except them. They usually don't let me leave unless I get all local channels.

·
Registered
17,494 Posts

·
Registered
Tablo OTA DVR + Roku streaming devices
2 Posts
Anyone having issues with WPVI? I'm at a customer's house and I'm able to get everything except them. They usually don't let me leave unless I get all local channels.
No issues from here.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for the updates. I just had a guy e-mail me in the area stating he's having problems as of last night. It might just be both locations are in fringe locations. Thankfully the one guy wasn't too bummed about WPVI missing. I suggested he get a smart TV to live stream Locast if they don't come back.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Anyone else having trouble with WCAU 10.1? I lost it last night and still don't have it.
I also had issue, while not losing it, it was pixelating all over the place. When WCAU signal is normal, I get it 80 to 90% strenght. Last evening I was getting all the way down to 35 to 40%. All my other OTA stations were fine. Weird why the signal would go down this low. Since the FCC repack, signal quality has not been good with the delays on getting new antenna's up and the tight spectrum that stations have to work with.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I also had issue, while not losing it, it was pixelating all over the place. When WCAU signal is normal, I get it 80 to 90% strenght. Last evening I was getting all the way down to 35 to 40%. All my other OTA stations were fine. Weird why the signal would go down this low. Since the FCC repack, signal quality has not been good with the delays on getting new antenna's up and the tight spectrum that stations have to work with.
Just checked WCAU and they are still at low signal strength (around 45 to 65%). Does anyone know if WCAU is having issues with their signal or tower problems? Usually WCAU has the most signal strength out of all the stations, so something must be going on somewhere to cause the issues.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just checked WCAU and they are still at low signal strength (around 45 to 65%). Does anyone know if WCAU is having issues with their signal or tower problems? Usually WCAU has the most signal strength out of all the stations, so something must be going on somewhere to cause the issues.
I just had a chance to check again and it seems to be back to normal for me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Back to normal. That was weird must have been unplanned Tower work.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Lost WTXF (29) and WPSG (57) late last night and early this morning. Finally came back on a little while ago. Anyone else have issues with these channels?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Lost WTXF (29) and WPSG (57) late last night and early this morning. Finally came back on a little while ago. Anyone else have issues with these channels?
The sky was pretty active last night starting around 9:30pm. Just south of Baltimore, I lost RF33 and RF36 from DC and picked up several stations from Phil and Salisbury.

Places to confirm if you ever suspect that:

TV reception map (Look for the black lines of fleeting signals.)

https://dxinfocentre.com/tropo.html (Look at Current Conditions at upper-right.)

·
Registered
437 Posts
The sky was pretty active last night starting around 9:30pm. Just south of Baltimore, I lost RF33 and RF36 from DC and picked up several stations from Phil and Salisbury.

Places to confirm if you ever suspect that:

TV reception map (Look for the black lines of fleeting signals.)

https://dxinfocentre.com/tropo.html (Look at Current Conditions at upper-right.)
Thanks for the info

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone else lose WPPX (ION LAFF) Philly yesterday?
At my location, WPPX (RF 34) dropped out a lot around 2pm yesterday. Here are some plots with more data - the Symbol Error Quality plot shows the dropouts. Note - the x-axis time label on my plots can be confusing. The format is "MM-dd HH", where MM is month, dd is day, and HH is hours in GMT (so subtract 4 hours for EDT).

·
Registered
43 Posts
At my location, WPPX (RF 34) dropped out a lot around 2pm yesterday. Here are some plots with more data - the Symbol Error Quality plot shows the dropouts. Note - the x-axis time label on my plots can be confusing. The format is "MM-dd HH", where MM is month, dd is day, and HH is hours in GMT (so subtract 4 hours for EDT).
The sharp changes in the SNR (or is that SNQ now?) is puzzling. Almost like something close by was turning on and off causing interfearence. I would think ducting would be more gradual. The signal level seems consistent except for the minor fluctuations where the SNR changes and the BER shows up. I'm used to analog so I could be mistaken.

5221 - 5240 of 5243 Posts