AVS Forum banner

6781 - 6800 of 10384 Posts

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Well, they will be in Manvel on Thursday, and will probably ship on Monday to Cedar Park, with arrival there Tuesday the 17th. I guess you could have them over the weekend if the Manvel dude can listen to them during the week. We'll have to see how that goes. I hope you can connect.
I’ll be flying back into Austin on the evening of the 19th.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
The BMRs are all packed up ready to ship out tomorrow. I'm sad to see them go. While they were impressive right out of the box, the more I listened to them the more they grew on me, and I think I finally got them dialed in perfectly today.

These speakers are kind of addictive - I found myself wanting to listen to old favorites and explore new stuff to show these off all at the same time. When I went in to pack them up the first time I sat down to listen to 'just one more thing' and ended up spending another couple of hours with them. Another recommendation that sounds amazing on these - check out Bernstein's Mass (the Sony Classical recording conducted by Bernstein with Alan Titus as celebrant is the best, and it's on Tidal).

Thank you again Dennis, and whoever gets these next is in for a treat!

·
Registered
71 Posts
The software doesn't know how the brain process direct sound vs. delayed sounds, and can therefore try to make corrections that aren't needed, and that may degrade more important response characteristics.

Never thought about this before, but it is very true.

Incidentally, I cleared out a space for the new BMRs when they arrive. I am expecting a huge upgrade over the B&Ws that occupied the space previously. Can't wait!

·
Registered
873 Posts
I've a pair of Rythmik L22 subs. Would there be any issue in pairing the sealed version of the New Philharmonitor with the Philharmonic MTM Center? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I've a pair of Rythmik L22 subs. Would there be any issue in pairing the sealed version of the New Philharmonitor with the Philharmonic MTM Center? Thanks!
None that I can think of. You could cross both at 60 Hz. Or you could could save some money and use a single Philharmonitor on its side with the tweeter rotated.

·
Registered
873 Posts
None that I can think of. You could cross both at 60 Hz. Or you could could save some money and use a single Philharmonitor on its side with the tweeter rotated.
I have room on the shelf for the center below the display to place a Philharmonitor in the regular position. My assumption is this would work better than placing it on the side with the tweeter rotated. Is that accurate? Crossed over at 60 or 80 hz, I'm thinking a larger center probably doesn't get me much. My display is 55".

·
Registered
795 Posts
I have room on the shelf for the center below the display to place a Philharmonitor in the regular position. My assumption is this would work better than placing it on the side with the tweeter rotated. Is that accurate? Crossed over at 60 or 80 hz, I'm thinking a larger center probably doesn't get me much. My display is 55".
I used to run 3 KEF LS50s for my front stage in the configuration you're considering.

It worked extremely well for music and movies, I'm sure you'd be happy with the 3 identical Philharmonitors for your front stage.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
You would definitely get better off-axis response horizontally with a single monitor standing upright. I was assuming you didn't have the space.

·
Registered
873 Posts
You would definitely get better off-axis response horizontally with a single monitor standing upright. I was assuming you didn't have the space.
Thanks, Dennis. I've got about 16 inches between the shelf and the bottom of the display. My current center is tilted up a bit. I'm still researching, but 3 Philharmonitors sounds very intriguing to me and this point.

BTW, I'd need to get stands if I go this direction. I haven't seen any detailed schematics regarding the layout out of the drivers, but just by eyeballing the center of the tweeter appears to be approx. 10" from the bottom of the cabinet. Is that close to accurate?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Thanks, Dennis. I've got about 16 inches between the shelf and the bottom of the display. My current center is tilted up a bit. I'm still researching, but 3 Philharmonitors sounds very intriguing to me and this point.

BTW, I'd need to get stands if I go this direction. I haven't seen any detailed schematics regarding the layout out of the drivers, but just by eyeballing the center of the tweeter appears to be approx. 10" from the bottom of the cabinet. Is that close to accurate?
Close enough for Philharmonic work.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hi Dennis, how long is the break-in period for Phil-BMR?

·
Registered
6,648 Posts
About 45 seconds. And they'll have a good bit more play time than that before I ship them.
Now that's what I like to hear. Too many companies these days are selling speakers that claim they need 20, 50, 100 hours of break-in. Sometimes I wonder if they have other motivations.

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
Yes, anyone who says there speakers take more than an hour to break in doesn't understand physics...our ears on the other hand, can take hours to break in to our speakers!

6781 - 6800 of 10384 Posts