·
Registered
6,434 Posts
Sunsweet might want royalties...

·
Premium Member
4,792 Posts
Unfortunately, they'll only be good for a year and three months. :rolleyes:
I have to admit, I've never seen speakers with an expiration date before. Even my dad's Advents lasted more than a year before woofer surrounds started to deteriorate.

Reactions: ahblaza

·
Registered
6,434 Posts
Yes, I was an Advent owner back in about 1982...not sure what model I owned, but they were a HUGE step up from my Lloyds system from Musicland...I think the Advents left my possession about 1992, still sounded good at that time!

·
Registered
6,434 Posts
the "fruit box" speaker does raise a really interesting thought for for me...I assume this "speaker" would be alot like a driver suspended in space with no cabinet boundary re-enforcements of any kind. Dennis/others, I know you sometime test individual drivers, but I assume they are still in cabinets of some type. How different would a driver behavior outside the cabinet?

Reactions: Mudslide

·
Registered
6,434 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I tried my hand at "speaker building" today using a cardboard baffle, intending to set it on top of my New Philharmonitors and use them as a bass woofer. neo 3 tweeter, morel dome midrange. Everything went wrong, one midrange arrived dead. quick connect terminals I had didn't fit and I Had to create some alligator clips. the brand new 3 way crossover/DSP I got from nuprime's partner company doesn't work at all. I spent all day on this.. and I didn't even get to hear the new drivers yet. :mad:

here's what my frankenstein new philharmonitor/neo 3/morel mdm55 looks like

the "fruit box" speaker does raise a really interesting thought for for me...I assume this "speaker" would be alot like a driver suspended in space with no cabinet boundary re-enforcements of any kind. Dennis/others, I know you sometime test individual drivers, but I assume they are still in cabinets of some type. How different would a driver behavior outside the cabinet?

I know it'd be a little more difficult but wouldn't it be cool to make a crude open baffle speaker to test out the components?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I know it'd be a little more difficult but wouldn't it be cool to make a crude open baffle speaker to test out the components?
This from Zaph Audio site:
http://www.zaphaudio.com/setup.html

Scroll down a little and he talks about his quasi-infinite baffle test jig.

Post 13 on this thread from PE TechTalk discusses some other Test Baffle parameters. A few other posts have some links to their designs or just measurements.

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/forum/tech-talk-forum/37296-what-does-your-test-baffle-look-like?p=501068#post501068

And here's a video posted by a guy, Erin's Audio Corner, who bought his own Klippel Analysis setup. Fast forward toward the end unless you really like watching a grown man open his "X-mas" package! ;)

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
hello everyone i need philipS Hi Q 15af592 service manual please help me
thanks sir
not available sir
I meant that if uncola was going to get a cardboard box to test out the speakers, that he could get a standard piece of wood and just cut out the holes to make a rudimentary open baffle for fun.
I think he was actually referring to the provided link to the manual he was requesting. Not exactly sure why he would come into this thread about Philharmonic Speakers looking for a manual on Philips speakers though. Maybe he thought Philharmonic and Philips were the same company? :confused:

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I think he was actually referring to the provided link to the manual he was requesting. Not exactly sure why he would come into this thread about Philharmonic Speakers looking for a manual on Philips speakers though. Maybe he thought Philharmonic and Philips were the same company? :confused:
Oh yeah - duh.

So I wonder if using the Prune Box gives the speakers a more "smooth" and "relaxed" sound?!?!?!?
It makes the sound come out far more quickly!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Reactions: BuddTX

·
Registered
6,434 Posts
Well, maybe these new speakers can be advertised as sound great, helps relieve constipation! Win, Win...

9721 - 9740 of 10397 Posts