AVS Forum banner

10381 - 10400 of 10812 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
If someone wanted a 1 cu ft cabinet and the wide one was the only one available, I would have used that one. Same for the .75 cu ft. So if you have the fat one, it's either 1.0 or .75 depending on what was ordered.
I'm somewhat fascinated by the development of this speaker and I enjoy tracing the evolution of it. Thank you for taking the time to share!

Randomly, I had found this a while back... Jantzen Audio still has it up! even though these cabs are no longer available:

Reactions: t1337Dude

·
Registered
6,469 Posts
No, Now... go home and do my bidding! :p
:cool:
No worries... I appreciate it! If not too much more to ask, a photo would be cool too, please! :D
Thanks!🙏
Drumroll on the Phil-BMR, please...
13.5" deep, 9" wide and 22" high...pict, well my cell phone camera isn't working, but I will send one soon!

Reactions: Ryanosaur

·
Registered
6,469 Posts
Picture the first gen Phil-BMR...

Attachments

Reactions: Ryanosaur

·
Registered
223 Posts
Picture the first gen Phil-BMR...
Very nice... Offset drivers in a rectangular cabinet. Judging by the spacing, definitely the 28l/1cu.ft. Cab from PE. Thank you!

Its a shame that Dayton Audio/PE stopped doing those cabinets. That link in post #10381 above, the Jantzen catalog, also has links to the technical drawings for the cabinets. In all, they look like pretty nice boxes! Alas, no more. *sheds a tear

Cheers!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here is a sub I made to match my BMR's. There are two presets on the MiniDSP that allow me to run the BMR's full range or crossed at 70hz with room correction on both.

I used the SB Acoustics SB34SWNRX-S75 with a Yung plate amp. Very happy! Wish I could give them a bigger room but this is what I have to work with.

20200807_172919.jpg 20200807_172602.jpg

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Here is a sub I made to match my BMR's. There are two presets on the MiniDSP that allow me to run the BMR's full range or crossed at 70hz with room correction on both.

I used the SB Acoustics SB34SWNRX-S75 with a Yung plate amp. Very happy! Wish I could give them a bigger room but this is what I have to work with.

View attachment 3026439 View attachment 3026440
Wow, I wish I had your skills.

·
Registered
223 Posts

Very nice!
That Corian stuff looks really cool, finished as you have it! Kudos!!!

Reactions: Igmaty

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

Very cool .. I am very impressed

Reactions: Igmaty

·
Registered
6,469 Posts

get looking sub...I assume it sounds great as well?

·
Registered
6,469 Posts
Dennis, any updates on when the Phils from China might be selling stateside?

Reactions: BluesDaddy56

·
Registered
644 Posts
Dennis, any updates on when the Phils from China might be selling stateside?
Well, I never thought I would be posting these words in a speaker forum, but they're ahead of schedule. Go figure. The factory will be delivering the BMR's and Mini's to the shipping warehouse on Monday, and the container ship sails in a week. If it doesn't run aground in the Panama Canal, it will dock on Sept. 12, and we should have them before Sept. 20. I'll be taking orders when I'm sure they're on da boat. I'll probably be asking for some kind of good-faith deposit, but I haven't worked that out yet with my business partner. The factory promised to snap some pics before they go to the warehouse. But for the record, the mini's will have curved cabinets with tinted walnut veneer on all surfaces (no visible seams), and the BMR's will have matching finish but will be rectangular on this production run. Both will have magnetic grills. Pricing is $1700/pair for the BMR's (not $1,699.99), and $900/pair for the mini's, all plus shipping.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Dennis, will you be updating your Philharmonics web page?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Sure I was hoping to get some pics first. I just saw the first one they took, and let's just say photographic skills haven't hit mainland China yet. But at least the cabinets are done.
And you aren't doing any home assembly line? :D

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Super happy for you Dennis these speakers are gonna sell like hot cakes. Seems like a win/win for all us consumers and you this time.

·
The Village Idiot
9,558 Posts
Sure I was hoping to get some pics first. I just saw the first one they took, and let's just say photographic skills haven't hit mainland China yet. But at least the cabinets are done.
Well, as they say, a bad pic is better than no pic at all. How about a peek, Dennis?

·
Registered
54 Posts
This could be qualified as a peak of the Mini. You can see the walnut veneer piano finish and the round over from the baffle to curved sides (no seam). This looks much better in person. BMR will have the same finish - just not curved.

Well, as they say, a bad pic is better than no pic at all. How about a peek, Dennis?

10381 - 10400 of 10812 Posts