AVS Forum banner

10561 - 10580 of 10951 Posts

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
We include port plugs for both BMR and Mini. In the picture is the BMR port plug that "lives" inside packaging foam and a Philharmonic Demo CD. The BMR port plugs are packaged on the side where "A" and "B" are labeled. So look for these. Mini's port plug is packaged in the side of the packaging form. They are quite tight when you plug them in.

Look for it before throwing away the packaging materials.

View attachment 3038878
Is it CD Audio or a data disc with files?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Looking for a small speaker that can be used near rear wall, does not have to be toed in, and has a wide dispersion / listening pattern to be used in a wide listening area that does not need a critical “sweet spot” for good sound. Would the mini be a speaker to consider?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Looking for a small speaker that can be used near rear wall, does not have to be toed in, and has a wide dispersion / listening pattern to be used in a wide listening area that does not need a critical “sweet spot” for good sound. Would the mini be a speaker to consider?
The Mini can be run sealed, so there wouldn't be any problem placing it near the rear wall. Dispersion is good, but not super wide. That's a function of the AMT tweet being wider than the RAAL. Another trade-off to get the crossover point down. The result is better dispersion in the lower treble, but narrower dispersion in the highest frequencies. I'm not sure what the typical frequency make-up is for surround content. Perhaps someone else can enlighten us. That would probably determine whether the Mini's meet your requirements.

·
Registered
283 Posts
You obviously have the wrong setup. Real men can accommodate 12" speakers.
Obviously. ;)

I'll get there one day, but it'll require replacing the current TV stand, which probably means I'll go ahead and replace the TV, and that all gets expensive. But eventually I'll get that Horizon (or whatever).

·
Registered
69 Posts
BMR - Ruby Walnut Cabinet

Finally we have pictures of assembled BMR ceramic to share. There is something I personally like the white woofer, so simple. Notice the round over and continued veneer pattern.

The Front:

The Side: I think I left a few fingerprints. The lights paint the cabinet differently.

The Back, Side and Light: Try to show the finish under different lighting conditions

Binding Post Mirror: There is a pure red cabinet in the mirror

The Big Flare Port

·
Registered
238 Posts
That SB Acoustics Ceramic Cone is growing on me. ;)

I'm gonna need to have myself a Mid-Off between that and the Zaph 5"!

@PhilharmonicDennis would you share your thoughts between those two drivers, please?

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Sorry if this has been asked and answered already, but are the cabinets the same size for these new BMRs (with the SB woofers) as the cabinets for the previous BMRs (with the gloss black cabinets and the Scanspeak woofer)?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry if this has been asked and answered already, but are the cabinets the same size for these new BMRs (with the SB woofers) as the cabinets for the previous BMRs (with the gloss black cabinets and the Scanspeak woofer)?
If the dimensions on his website are correct, the piano black version (with the 7" scanspeak) and this new one (with the 6" ceramic) are the exact same dimensions:

20" H x 8" W x 12-1/2" D

Reactions: beaveav

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Thanks!

Are the minis really 19 pounds each? That seems heavier than I would expect for a speaker of that size. Or is that the packaged weight?

Same question for the BMRs at a listed 32 pounds - is that the packaged weight?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mini's package weight is 22 lbs. The speaker itself is 21 lbs. It is heavy for its size.

BMR package weight is 33 lbs. Also heavy.

Thanks!

Are the minis really 19 pounds each? That seems heavier than I would expect for a speaker of that size. Or is that the packaged weight?

Same question for the BMRs at a listed 32 pounds - is that the packaged weight?

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Mini's package weight is 22 lbs. The speaker itself is 21 lbs. It is heavy for its size.

BMR package weight is 33 lbs. Also heavy.
I forgot that Dennis includes his special patented acoustic damping material in each speaker, otherwise known as a water balloon. That definitely adds to the weight. 🤪

10561 - 10580 of 10951 Posts