AVS Forum banner

12201 - 12220 of 12434 Posts

·
Registered
6,744 Posts
[

Right. And besides. The only team in Iowa worth anything is the Mighty Pioneers of Grinnell College. Our fight song says it all: "If you want to fight, come on and fight, cause we can fight like Oh Boy." Hard to get more Macho and frightening than that.
Dennis, you forgot there is a "clown school" west of Iowa City and west of the mighty Pioneers! 😊

·
Registered
510 Posts
I just noticed the BMR's were 4 ohm speakers. Would there be any issues running them off a typical AVR? (maybe up to 5 of them in a multi channel system)

·
Registered
6,744 Posts
Reactions: ZEuiax

·
Registered
161 Posts
I just noticed the BMR's were 4 ohm speakers. Would there be any issues running them off a typical AVR? (maybe up to 5 of them in a multi channel system)
BMR is an easy impedance load. You won't find any problem with typical AVR. I've been running BMRs with Denon 4500H, Emotiva's entry level amp (TA-100), and Hypex Class D amp.

·
Registered
6,744 Posts
Yes, i drive my Phil-BMRs to louder than I care to listen with my entry level Integra amp...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks, how do you secure your BMRs to them, the plate is really small. They look great but I would be worried they can easily be knocked over
Good question. I am definitely, not drilling holes on BMRs. Stand10 has suction cups, they fairly grip the speakers but not enough. I might try 3M command strip.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I've had my BMRs on my VTI stands for ~2.5 years with no issues. For every time this comes up, the same basic things is said: under normal circumstances, they aren't likely going anywhere. If you are concerned, use some of the blue museum putty. (I have posters hung with those command strips and they don't stick!) I separated my BMRs from the stand using a foam pad to protect the finish. I put those 1" rubberized non-slip dots on the top of the stand to hold the foam in place.

·
Registered
75 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've had my BMRs on my VTI stands for ~2.5 years with no issues. For every time this comes up, the same basic things is said: under normal circumstances, they aren't likely going anywhere. If you are concerned, use some of the blue museum putty. (I have posters hung with those command strips and they don't stick!) I separated my BMRs from the stand using a foam pad to protect the finish. I put those 1" rubberized non-slip dots on the top of the stand to hold the foam in place.
There is actually an easier way out - and that is - buy a pair of BMR Tower......

·
Registered
362 Posts
There is actually an easier way out - and that is - buy a pair of BMR Tower......
Ha!
So would I use my Phil3s as surrounds, then? Or the BMR Towers! :p

Reactions: BuddTX

·
Registered
360 Posts
Ha!
So would I use my Phil3s as surrounds, then? Or the BMR Towers! :p
No you'll sell them to me. ;o)

As for driving the speakers, I've found a dedicated amp sounds SOOOO much better. I was using an AVR with mine and after I started using a Digital Amplifier Company (DAC) Stereo Maraschino (STM) Mk2 King amplifier the sound quality completely changed. There's no contest. Imaging improved greatly and SQ was SOO much better.

My chain is Bluesound Node2i -> DAC DAC 1 HS -> DAC STM 2 King -> Philharmonic BMRs

·
Registered
934 Posts
My understanding the BMR Towers in the current shipment have all been sold.

Question, what kind of veneers the next shipment of BMR Towers can be specified ?
What is the ETA ?
We're leaning toward retaining the walnut burl, but rosewood is also a possibility. We'll be watching for feedback from the current tower recipients (they should start shipping on Friday). ETA's are always risky given the current parts supply and port situation. If everything goes smoothly, we would probably be talking early August.

·
Registered
6,744 Posts

·
Registered
6,744 Posts
My understanding the BMR Towers in the current shipment have all been sold.

Question, what kind of veneers the next shipment of BMR Towers can be specified ?
What is the ETA ?
last report was that Dennis maybe had a couple pairs for sale based on cancellations....

12201 - 12220 of 12434 Posts