AVS Forum banner

12221 - 12241 of 12434 Posts

·
Registered
6,605 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Really ? :0 I was guessing it was around 1200 in drivers and 1200 for cabinets, painting and shipping with 1000 left over. Looks like I was off by a bit lol
Might be a bit low on drivers if you include xovers, but a bit high on the cabs and shipping, so overall prolly about right. I for one don't have any problem with Dennis and Internova making some profit on these. WAY lower profit margins than typical mfrs for sure! I do hope eventually there is a kit version released where you can build you own cab, then I could possibly afford them!

·
Registered
362 Posts
The towers are sold. We did have some cancellations on the walnut BMR's, so those are ready for instant gratification.
Dennis, how many Instant Gratification pairs do you have available? :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Long day and no time to do anything but unbox and do quick and dirty set up. And...simply stunning!!!...the more I listen the better the BMR sound. There's always something special in rendering the sound of the human voice and wow the BMRs certainly do that well.

·
Registered
161 Posts
First pair of BMR Tower assembled, tested, wrapped, labeled, and ready to ship.

It is quite involving of setting BMR Tower because of the size, weight and piano finish. I would like to advise every BMR Tower owner - Please have someone help you unpack and move during delivery. It is the combination of weight and size that makes it challenging. FedEx charges "overweight" fee for each tower.

Some of you might find both grills are packed in one of your tower boxes. We are targeting this Friday to ship all Towers.

·
Registered
644 Posts
When my brother and I were teenagers living at home, as we would both carry one used Klipsch speaker into the house, my father (stern and "fiscally conservative") would ask me how much it cost, we would say $300, not saying of course that it was for the single one, not the pair!
Back when Paul Klipsch himself made them in Arkansas!

·
Registered
6,744 Posts

·
Registered
6,744 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Scott, what speakers are those that you are replacing? Since you have three, I assume you have bough a new front stage! you will like those BMRs....
They sure look like Chanes. The second photo is definitely Omega loudspeakers. I'd sure like to hear Scott's comparison impressions.

·
Registered
84 Posts
They sure look like Chanes. The second photo is definitely Omega loudspeakers. I'd sure like to hear Scott's comparison impressions.
Ding and ding. My HT setup is in the same room as my 2 channel right now. The front 3 LCR were Chane 1.4. The 2 channel are indeed the 3t from Omega (honestly my favorite AV purchase to date because of the cheap price and unexpected perfection within their limitations).

I am a bad person to give descriptive impressions tbh. I don't know how people can have such good aural memory. Especially considering speakers have different Audyssey (YPAO in my case) settings, toe in requirements, space from boundaries, etc.

I also haven't gotten a ton of time with then yet. I got them delivered and had to set them up, run YPAO, and then listen all during my lunch hour. Right now, they are "breaking in" with random music (I use quotes because I don't give much thought to break-in).

My review for right now: they are better than the Chanes!

More to come ;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
The BMRs sound great and blend nicely with the Emotiva AMTs and Monolith 12s...😀😀😀

12221 - 12241 of 12434 Posts