AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting another HDTV and this time I want to get an LCD. Are Philips LCDs any good? Walmart has this model "Philips 52" Diagonal 1080p Full HD LCD HDTV w/ Digital Tuner, 52PFL7422D/37" that I'm interested in.

Thanks for any advice or suggestions!

·
Registered
39 Posts
nope. philips, sharp, and toshiba are the 3 brands of LCD to RUN FROM!!!!

stick with sony or samsung and you'll be happy.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosby1 /forum/post/14181576

nope. philips, sharp, and toshiba are the 3 brands of LCD to RUN FROM!!!!

stick with sony or samsung and you'll be happy.

Talk about giving BAD advice with no justification at all. You sound like you are PAID by Samsung to tout their wares online... Oh, that's right they DO that, don't they. Certain Toshiba's are better than the Samsungs. Phillips is VERY highly respected in Europe (where Samsung is crap). I guess it just depends on who you rely on for guidance and since this is the internet, YOUR even an expert... I guess, right?

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
real phillips made TV's are decent. i own a phillips CRT RPTV that is over 4 years old now and is still working good for the most part, its got bad coolant in the blue tube but otherwise its working just fine.

now the latest phillips TV's sold in the US are not phillips made they are made by Funai and you want to stay away from them

to the guy claiming that toshiba and sharp are bad TV's, they are just as good for the most part as the rest of the major brands like samsung, sony, panasonic, LG(mid to high ends only, their low end sets are problematic) and even vizio are considered good build quality wise therefore reliability

the only brands i would say you do not want to waste you hard earned cash on are any funai made TV (new phillips, sanyo, magnavox, and Sylvania are all funai re branded TV's) insignia and dynex are also often funai TV's or LG rebrands and poor quality.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts