AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Philips 30PF9946 that I just got on a clearance special. I'm using it with Comcast's DCT 6412 cable box with component and DVI output. The TV has an HDMI connector on it so I bought a DVI to HDMI cable.

Here's the issue. When I use the HDMI input the image is shifted to the right by about an inch! This is noticeable in both SD and HDTV channels. The weird thing is it is NOT there when I use the component inputs.

I've looked on the web and found how to get into the service menu (062596 info), but there is no geometry adjustment in that menu on my TV.

Anyone have any ideas? Would this be the fault of the TV? The cable box?

So in summary my setup works like this:

Cable ---> DCT 6412 ---> (component out) ---> Philips 30PF9946 = correct image

Cable ---> DCT 6412 ---> (DVI--->HDMI) --- Philips 30PF9946 = shifted image

Any help would be really appreciated. This is driving me nuts!

Thank you.

·
Registered
304 Posts
on their new generation of plasmas, you only have to hit one of the cursor (arrow) buttons on the remote to shift it. Are you so lucky?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just from the normal screen?

For me the left/right arrow scroll through the different display modes (fullscreen/widescreen/etc). I can also only enter the service menu when I have the "TV" input active...I need to make the change when viewing the HD-D input.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any resolution from directv or Philips? I have a similar issue with my 50" Philips 50PF9630A. When directv hd-10 box is connected thru HDMI to the Philips, a vertical Green line appears on the right side border. As a result the image gets shifted to the left slightly. When I use component cables, it doesnt appear. I switched to the 2nd HDMI port on the plasma, and then I got a green horizontal line bordering the top, in addition to the one on the right side. Gonna try switching HDMI cables,then see if Directv can help. I cant test with a DVD player yet to see if it appears on DVD, as I dont have a HDMI dvd player yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With other philips models (and probably your 50PF9630A) you can just use the direction arrow on the remote to move the image around on the screen.

I did call Philips and they sent a repair person to my home. The repair guy came, looked at the problem and then called the Philips tech service line. They told him that this was a "known issue" with the software in the 30PF9946D and they had no fix or schedule for a fix.

For you, I'd try to move the image with the direction arrows. I returned the 30PF9946D and purchased a 32PF7320A at Costco. With the 32, I can move the image with the direction keys on the remote.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Checked my tv today, it was just like you guys said. Was able to toggle the screen without going thru the menu, just moved it over and no more green line. Saved a huge potential headache, glad i didnt go out and get another hdmi cable or contact dtv/philips. S

thanks for the help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.