Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just purchased a Philips 30pw850h. If I mute the TV, or on low volumes, I seem to hear a decent amount of what I believe is white noise (sounds like what you'd hear when viewing a tv with no antenna and snow). It's not horribly loud, but loud enough that if I have the tv on low volume that I'd hear it. I am using the TV with Time Warner Digital Cable - and the picture looks decent on SD, and very nice on HDTV. The hissing sound remains the same on both SD and HDTV when muted.

Is this par for a cheap tv? I guess what my question is - is this what all of these 30pw850h do - or is this one actually broken?

Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
hrmm strange, no noise here and I have the same model . I did notice what I think is a dead pixel today . It can only be noticed from like an angle and only on a solid color screen like my DVD players startup screen (which is blue) . Kind of annoying because once you catch eye of it, you can't stop glancing at it .

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
no hiss from my set either....I have my set hooked up to a receiver (Sony SRT-K750P)

turn of SAP if you have it turned on

eroteme, this is a CRT set so how can you have a dead pixel?

·
Registered
27 Posts
maybe its a drop of moisture or a smudge behind the glass ? its the size of a pixel exactly, just not sure what it is ? oh well .

hey is there a way to turn off the TV telling me what kind of sound is coming through "mono" or "stereo" . I don't care to know since it doesnt matter to me, and some channels are unstable with the sound switching, its unbearable to watch when the screen keeps going back and forth saying "mono" --> "stereo" ---> "mono" etc.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
you pretty much have to put up with it unless you set the sound to mono.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.