Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm generally enjoying my Philips 30PW9815, a direct-view

30" HDTV fed by a Panasonic TU-HDS20, a GI digital cable box, a DVD player and a VHS VCR.

What's odd is that periodically, the picture will begin to move vertically -- like a "roll" in slow motion. It only happens on cable, VCR or DVD input, not HDTV from the Panny.

The picture will roll about 10% down, then 5 or so seconds later, will roll another 10-15%, and so on, until it "snaps" back to normal. This happens intermittently, say, once every 30-45 minutes.

I put a line regulator on the power to the set (an APC LineR 1250) -- no change.

Any ideas ?

Stephen H

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just wanted to update the forum inhabitants that I resolved this problem. Yesterday, I disconnected my Panasonic TU-HDS20 STB from the Philips monitor.

Now, the picture is rock-solid for all the other inputs (DVD, VCR and cable box video). It must have been some combination of electrical inputs, stray signals or something. This is *way* too much TV for those sources ;-)

BTW, I removed the STB and put it away because I never watch network TV and just watching the King-5 HD demo loop seems like a bit of a waste. HDTV is probably going to remain just an interesting demonstration of capability as long as it doesn't have wide transmission on cable systems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.