AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have significant experience with this set? Did you compare it to a 32" Panasonic, Zenith or Sony? How would you rate the picture quality of the set vs. others?

I'm primarily looking for someone that did a bunch of comparison shopping and has actually seen this set in action (working properly)...

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I've seen it a few times. It looks nice. I would say it compares well with the Panasonic and Sony (I am not a fan of the Sonys that don't have DRC Multi v1, which the cheaper ones don't).

It can be had for a good value, too. (The Philips that is.)

I've never seen the Zenith.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I've had a 32pt8320 for about six weeks now and I'm very happy with it. The picture quality over non-digital cable ranges from good to excellent with most channels being at least very good. DVD's are stunning and PS2 is very nice as well. I haven't adjusted with Avia or been into the service menu yet, so there is probably still a bit of improvement that can be wrung out it. Here is a comparison of similar 32" models from Sony,Panasonic and Philips that may be of interest http://www.graskinhometheatre.bigste...ic.html?pid=31

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.

I've read the Graskin info, that is what initially interested me in the Philips models.

A couple of quick questions about your use of it. Have you tried a progressive scan DVD player via AV4? Have you had the chance to compare it to running in interlaced mode running at either 480p and 1080i via the Eye Fidelity modes? Typically in what mode (480p or 1080i) do you watch most of your stuff? What do you like and dislike about the TV?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.