AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
menu comes on screen with no remote input, when remote removed from room no help. as tv warms up it more frequently occurs. When I hold side buttons in it seemed to help so I opened tv up removed ribbon cable that connects side buttons to board. It worked for about 15 minutes, then problem reoccured. Haven't had a need to update firmware . Power cord reboots no help any history of this b4 I tackle 600 posts?

·
Registered
163 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch35 /forum/post/18231227

menu comes on screen with no remote input, when remote removed from room no help. as tv warms up it more frequently occurs. When I hold side buttons in it seemed to help so I opened tv up removed ribbon cable that connects side buttons to board. It worked for about 15 minutes, then problem reoccured. Haven't had a need to update firmware . Power cord reboots no help any history of this b4 I tackle 600 posts?

Stretch: do a firmware update and your good to go -- had the same issue with a 32" version of the same set - it started doing this after 4 years - there is a mention of it on the Philips website - the update is quick and easy and no more menu pop up!

Wazy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts