1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TV - 37" Philips LCD from 2007

Model 37PFL5322D/37

Symptoms:

Pressing the power button will turn the power LED from Red to Green. The backlight for the LCD panel will turn on, too. The TV seems to react to inputs from the remote control (the power LED flashes with each button press, as if to confirm receipt of the input). No picture, messages, menu items, etc. are visible on the screen...just the backlighting.

What I've checked:

I opened the TV and checked that all the connectors were seated properly. One of the 2 ribbon cables from the LCD control board to the LCD was seated a little crooked, however, the contacts on the ribbon cable showed the impressions that contact was made on all "pins" (re-seating this connection did not change the behavior). The power supply doesn't look stressed (no vented/bulging lytics, etc.).

I was able to feed audio into the AV3 port and select that input with the remote control's Source button. No indication from the screen, but the audio was heard through the TV speakers.

I also checked all the ribbon cable and other connectors on the TV...they are all solid - all the way up to the LCD.

Next thing is to look into a service bulletin that recommends removing cap C943 on the power supply board. Apparently, it can cause a short in the power supply.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Defective SSB/Scaler or TCON (which is only available with panel). Suggest replace SSB/Scaler board (requires post installation setup service menu div/option codes).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I have the service manual and will break out my oscilloscope and e do some more investigation tonight to confirm if the scaler board is bad, or where else the problem may lie.

·
Registered
1 Posts
my Philips 37PFL5322D/37 - 37" LCD would not come on unless you pluged & unpluged for aprox 10 15 min some times it would not even come on for days & then if it did it would pop after several minutes and then no sound until i turned it off & on then same after several minites no sound i got sick w no help from philips so this is what i did took plastic back off & then the metal shield cover only off the sound & power boards now the tv has no problems that has been on week no problems it works perfect i think the metal cover shorts out some how j k custom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.