AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A problem with the display a cloud of blue pixels ramdonly appears with certains colors on screen, screen already washed with Pixelprotector and Jscreenfix, seems to be a bit better than before but still there, any help?...

Here is a link to know exactly what im talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bVc-rDCZoA

Noticing this i also check the temperature of the set, it appears to be cold in the bottom and sucking a little bit of air, warm in the middle and burning hot in the top, after a few hours of use, im guessing that this is normal for this kind of tv sets, however i would like to know from another user with this tv model...

PS: Sorry but the title is wrong, i hit the wrong key before decribing the problem, if someone could edit it would be nice...

PS: Sorry for my lame english...

·
Registered
149 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapon Maximus /forum/post/14238445

Anyone with the same problem outhere?...

Not sure if my experience applies, but...I have a Philips 50PF9631D, two years old. This year, I began to notice what I call 'sparkles' on the picture. No one distinct color, but when viewed up close, they were red, blue, or green. My observation is that the sparkles were most prominent when the set was first turned on and diminished after it warmed up, perhaps half an hour. But, the problem was worsening over the months. I have an extended service contract on this set, and Circuit City came out and replaced the 'y-main' board and adjusted voltages. The tech referred to the problem as 'mal-discharge'. The picture is now back to near-zero sparkles, as good as when I first bought it. There are a number of other threads and posts on the subject of 'sparkles' or 'dots' on various plasma sets. You might learn a good bit by searching the forum for those terms. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by retexan599 /forum/post/14238547

Not sure if my experience applies, but...I have a Philips 50PF9631D, two years old. This year, I began to notice what I call 'sparkles' on the picture. No one distinct color, but when viewed up close, they were red, blue, or green. My observation is that the sparkles were most prominent when the set was first turned on and diminished after it warmed up, perhaps half an hour. But, the problem was worsening over the months. I have an extended service contract on this set, and Circuit City came out and replaced the 'y-main' board and adjusted voltages. The tech referred to the problem as 'mal-discharge'. The picture is now back to near-zero sparkles, as good as when I first bought it. There are a number of other threads and posts on the subject of 'sparkles' or 'dots' on various plasma sets. You might learn a good bit by searching the forum for those terms. Hope this helps.

Ok, thanks for the advice, can you tell me what is the operation temperature of your equipment, mine feels very hot in the top after a few hours of use (it does not burn you, but close) im guessing this is normal in this brand and this type of tv...

·
Registered
3,817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retexan599 /forum/post/14238547

Not sure if my experience applies, but...I have a Philips 50PF9631D, two years old. This year, I began to notice what I call 'sparkles' on the picture. No one distinct color, but when viewed up close, they were red, blue, or green.

How close, Retex ? 1 foot away or 5 feet away ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts