AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I need to buy a new 40-42" LED TV for our living room (confined to the size that will fit in my old but awesome entertainment center). I'm totally confused by the kazillion options. I'm mostly torn between these two TVs:

Philips 42PFL5907

Panasonic TC-L42E60

I haven't found many good reviews on the Panasonic, but I have a 55-inch Panasonic plasma that I like a lot. CNET seemed to like the Philips ok. The Panasonic is $699 at Sears; the Philips is $529 at Target. I have a feeling I'll probably be perfectly happy with either, but does anyone have any experience or opinions on either of these? Or any recommendations I should be considering instead of these? (Frankly, the huge selection of Samsungs just got overwhelming... should I be considering a Samsung?)

The Panasonic and Philips are both in my price range--say less than $900 or so. I'm not terribly worried about having a smart TV, but they mostly seem to include it nowadays, so I might as well get a good Smart interface and connectivity if it comes with it. Picture quality is more important than smart features, though. I don't care about 3D.

Thanks for any input or opinions anyone may have,

Bob

1 - 1 of 1 Posts