AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both the Philips and the Vizio are 50" displays. . Both have 720p or 1080i. If you guys know anything about these models, which one would you buy and why? (And please don't say anything that has nothing to do with these two specific plasmas).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about the Samsung 42" Plasma HDTV HP-T4254, has game mode and active pixel shift.... . Which is better? I heard Philips uses Samsung parts... any ideas what I should get out of these three?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol, just read four customer reviews in a row with burn-in. Even though it has "game mode" and active anti burn-in technology. BS! So it's either the Philips or the Vizio. Which is it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am in the exact same boat and after seeing both units at Sam's I am leaning towards the Philips. The blacks appeared to be deeper and the image richer on the Philips. I tweaked each unit and the Philips looked crisp while the vizio was washed out. The sets were nowhere near each other and before I purchase I am going to see if I can get the two sets placed side by side to really compare. Its probably going to be a couple of weeks before I will be able to head back and compare, but after I do I will let you know my opinion of the two.

-I hope my simple opinion helps

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah it does.... personally I have never seen the real thing, just the online image. They had one in Walmart, but it was in the box and they wouldn't take it out. My aunt bought a Pioneer for $2200 (don't know which Pioneer) and she's telling me to get that. Problem is I don't have over $2000 to spend. I need advice on what to get with a few conditions: #1 Has to be 50" #2 Has to be Reliable #3 With tax no more than $2000 And yes I'm leaning toward that Philips as well... dont' know what it is, but I LIKE it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.