AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a new home dvr package (Arris home media system) installed by my cable company and a strange problem has cropped up. Whenever I turn the TV on and am on the DVR HDMI input I get no sound. Only way to get sound from the DVR/Tuner is to turn on one of my game systems, switch to that input, then switch back to the HDMI input for the TV or to turn on one of the game systems before the TV. I have also verified that if I unplug both of the game systems HDMI cables from the TV I will get audio from my DVR/tuner when turning on the TV.

I am guessing that there is a problem with the sound signal coming from the tuner causing the TV to not "recognize" the audio coming from the hdmi cable.

I have swapped out the hdmi cables around and even switched around the inputs, but the problem still exists.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
It seems as if many TVs have a "handshake" with HDMI. When I got my Samsung B650, it didn't seem to want to connect with my U-Verse service every time although I had no problem with my A650 in the living room. After resetting my U-Verse box a few times, I haven't had any problems since.

Hopefully, once you hit the right combination, your problems will go away too. I hope so because I was very frustrated at first. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.