AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
661 Posts
I've also heard that the Tosh set is in limbo. Also, the reviews in other threads on the Philips set have been mixed. I pre-ordered the 55PL9773 and will test-drive in my home before making a final decision. You may want to see if you can find one on display somewhere before committing. Any particular reason why you are only considering LCOS at this point?

· Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I currently own the Sony KVXBR800, a CRT that I like alot. However, the 34" size is too small for the room it's placed in my new house so I'm looking for something bigger, but better than a standard projection TV and not as expensive as a like-sized plasma. Also, the initial reviews of the Toshiba LCoS were very good. Seems that LCoS beats LCD or DLP.

2,436 Posts
s2silber

Here is a thread for the Philips set with may reviews. You may want to start at the end and work backward.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=268216

There are mixed feelings on this set. Some people hate it others love it.

I too had interest on the Toshiba 3 panel LCoS, but after owners of the XXXX82 model started complaining about some issues, it seems that they hit the breaks on the 83.

· Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I did follow that thread, but was looking for more of a direct comparison between the Toshiba and Philips. I will NOT mainly be watching SD and VHS.

If you going to watch mainly SD and VHS, save yourself some money and don’t buy an HDTV yet! Maybe an ED plasma?

I'm already an HDTV owner and aficianado, which is why I'm in this forum.

· Registered
661 Posts
s2silber - the comment about SD and VHS (and everything else under the solid line) is in Barry's signature and is automatically inserted at the end of all of his posts - it was not directed to you specifically.

· Coyote Waits
27,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by s2silber
I Also, the initial reviews of the Toshiba LCoS were very good. Seems that LCoS beats LCD or DLP.
Three chip 1080p LCoS seems too if they can get it to work long term.

I'm not so sure about the single chip 1280x720 Philips. If it does it's going to take a sustained effort from Philips. That's based on a short time with one set. :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.