AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read through the Archive forum about this item, but did not see any thing related to my question. I bought this new in 2005, has worked great so far with only bulb replacement needed. It will be working fine, and then disply a blue screen with a "bar code" of blue lines across the screen. I will shut it down and unplug it to perform a reset before turning it back on. Some times it will still display the blue screen. Sometimes it will display the picture for a while then go back to a blue screen. But sometimes it works fine for a few days before it does it again. Just turning it off and then back on again will also occasionaly work.

Had a repair guy come look at it and he says it will cost too much to repair, so buy a new one.

I am very confident in replacing a component myself, but does anyone know what might be causing this??

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerdwn /forum/post/17044130

Seems like an SSB issue. $370 but may be unavailable.

Thats what i figured the cost would be for these components.... (sigh). I am wondering if I should just take the money I would spend on parts that "might" not fix this, and invest in a new unit!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK..... new update. After I turn it on it displays the wierd lines and blue or green screen. After leaving the TV turned on for about 4 hours, It will finaly display and work properly the rest of the day. The next day, same thing. After around 4 hours it starts to work properly. Does this still sound like an SSB or light generator? (sorry I had to create a new screen name to search for my old post)

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Hard to say, probably gonna be crapshoot of trying one part after another until it's fixed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts