AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! just wamted to say I got my RPTV today. Have had it for a couple of hours and it is great. Cant wait until tonight when I can properly adjust the TV in a dark room. Then watch some DVDs. I dont have HD yet.

I have some questions though. I am using an interlaced DVD player with the component inputs...the picture looks a little soft to me...even with the sharpness all the way up? Any suggestion...besides a prog. scan player. It doesn't seem like the double in the tv is bad...actually i think its quite good. Will using a computer connection or a prog scan player remedy this soft picture?

I hate the remote though...must find time to program my sony commander between movies.

I checked the geometry, and its not bad, but could use some work...it is only noticable on test patterns. The color is very accurate. A common scene for me to jugde skin tones is the beginning of the Shire scene in LOTR. Look at Fodos face in the close-up. Absolutely no red overtones at all. Plus the TV didn't come in Torch mode like most. Everything was set to mid-level.

Time to get back to movie watching. Anybody else have any comments on this RPTV?

Raichu

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanx for your comments. These sets have been getting overall good reviews! Please post more of your thoughts as you get time! I'm taking delivery of my 55pp9352 in January. Also...what does the basic home theater sound like? Good enough for an interim sound system?

·
Registered
815 Posts
I'm waiting on my HT to be delivered before I can try DVD's on my new 55PP9352 (3+ weeks old...HT comes with Progressive Scan DVD). Have my fingers crossed the HT will show before Christmas. (I've been buying DVD's left and right in anticipation....XMAS Vacation, LOTR, SWAOTC, Harry Potter, and more...) Need to look over that rebate form again to see if there is a contact number...though it did say the usual 6-8 weeks. LOL!

So far I'm pleased with the picture, though of course my prior was a direct view JVC 27" TV/Monitor from the late 80's. I know nothing about setting up the new one yet. Lots to learn.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.