AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1954 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With all the talk on the new Samsung and upcoming Panasonic UHD player I thought I would start a thread to discuss the new Philips BDP7501. I haven't found much about this UHD player other than a possible US release in May 2016. I personally think I am waiting for the US release on the Panasonic but here is some info I found on the new Philips. If anyone has any additional info/specs on this player please share.

http://hometheaterreview.com/philips-to-launch-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-player-this-spring/

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s...ultra-hd-bluray-player-with-hdr-support/28797

·
Super Moderator
16,428 Posts
Thread title edited for user ease.

·
Premium Member
3,362 Posts
I like the form factor and it looks like it has decent build quality (unlike the Samsung). Too bad there's no DV support.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Philips UHD BD

Some of their early BD players were rebadges, the first from Funai I think. Does anyone know where these players are manufactured and are they actually made by Philips?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yeah there are a few articles over the last day or so that says the release is in June.

No correct me if I am wrong but nothing other than the picture above mentions the Dolby Vision.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
One of the first to release the Samsung 4K UHD Bluray player was *BestBuy. They are on top of Samsungs list for retailers. That said, Funai manufactures most Philips electronics.
*(During the Samsung K-8500 release, some upscale specialty sellers had to wait a while and experienced slower restocking).
Unboxed mine 10 days BEFORE official relase of March 01.
Got first 4K movies 2 days later from local BB.
So...who's going to sell the Philips BDP7501 first?
According to Philips website, Walmart and Target are among their biggest retailers. (See you at Wally World?)

As for size, the Philips fits in perfectly with my "cheap" Insignia 43" 4K UHD TV/Monitor desktop HTPC
(Cheap price is right, but picture is amazing!)

1 - 20 of 1954 Posts