AVS Forum banner

1941 - 1954 of 1954 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Any luck with this? I have the BDP7501 and a JVC X570R and it would be great to get rid of the multiple HDMI handshakes from changing output resolutions / refresh rates.
Unfortunately, no. I had posted elsewhere about this, but found no solution.

I will likely be moving to one of the new JVC projectors, which reportedly have much improved sync times, but will still have to deal with the multiple handshakes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently picked up this device on clearance and I have a question I wonder if anyone could answer.

I threw some video files on a DVD for viewing on this device but when I put it in, though I could see the directories, none of the files were visible. I thought maybe I just had an invalid file format but I checked and they should be good (h.264 .mp4). I threw one of these files and some other .mp4s on a USB drive and they show up and play just fine. Does anyone know what the deal is here? It clearly has an option to play files from disc. I'll dig around and see what I can find out. I'd be OK with converting but I don't see why it wouldn't be able to play them direct.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As a further point, I just burned a data blueray with files and get the same issue. Kind-of annoying as the intention was to burn data blurays of kids stuff so we can just put it in when he wants to watch. I'm guessing authored blu-ray stuff will play OK but I was hoping to just drag/drop & burn. I'll probably just use the USB option.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone have trouble with the 4k version of The Last Jedi,it wouldn't play on my 7501.I tried other 4k movies and they played fine,is it a bad disk?
Just watched it last night, no major problems other a quick couple of seconds of pixeling. I've had my Philips for two years. It's worked great.

·
Registered
99 Posts
So I scored one of these for $40 used and bought it just because it's a unique little UHD player and first gen and wanted to try it out. I passed on it several times and got the Oppo 203/205 models and UB9000 but having this hooked up the performance is actually pretty good. It's a simple to use player and the build quality is actually very good considering it's odd size. It looks more like a streaming device but a really large one. Love the dust tray in front with the Philips logo and gray metallic look. Not a bad disc player at all. Had no problems playing any newer BD and UHD titles with the firmware updated. Perfect size for a bedroom or space saver for a home entertainment theater. Surprised by how good this player was and looks. Definitely worth it today as it's so much cheaper than launch price. Of course no DV and they have quit firmware updates but HDR is good enough for me.

·
Registered
354 Posts
So I scored one of these for $40 used and bought it just because it's a unique little UHD player and first gen and wanted to try it out. I passed on it several times and got the Oppo 203/205 models and UB9000 but having this hooked up the performance is actually pretty good. It's a simple to use player and the build quality is actually very good considering it's odd size. It looks more like a streaming device but a really large one. Love the dust tray in front with the Philips logo and gray metallic look. Not a bad disc player at all. Had no problems playing any newer BD and UHD titles with the firmware updated. Perfect size for a bedroom or space saver for a home entertainment theater. Surprised by how good this player was and looks. Definitely worth it today as it's so much cheaper than launch price. Of course no DV and they have quit firmware updates but HDR is good enough for me.

Mine's still kicking over here and still enjoying it with the latest releases as well!

·
Registered
435 Posts
When I got the Philips 7502, I took the 7501 out of the rack, but it's still available for backup duty, and I wouldn't hesitate to use it if/when the time comes. I found it an excellent player with some great features not on the 7502 (audio present on the first fast forward setting; outstanding info screen).

·
Registered
354 Posts
In all the time I've had this player, I've never tested the USB port. Has anyone used the USB port on it? Is it always on or does it go on and off with the player?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have a USB hard drive in the port all the time so I can play Atmos demos with it. Works perfectly fine. Not sure how only a USB cab stay on when the player is off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Greetings,
I've been a steady and proud owner of the BDP7501 for almost 5 years now. The handshake behavior has been the only issue I've had with this player whilst connected to the Samsung un65js9500 TV. I recently replaced that TV with the LG C1, and now all of my 4K disk display only 1080P and if they are HDR encoder, the content is being downconverted. All the other hookups are the same. UHD Enhanced colour on the HDMI port of the LG C1 is enabled. Issue occurs when connected through the Denon X2400 or if connected directly to the LG C1 HDMI port.

Odd thing is when the menu is displayed, the TV indicates HDR is enabled, but when the disk is played, the resolution displayed is 1080/60 or 1080/24. Not sure if its time for a new player....

Anyone else see/heard of this issue???

·
Registered
895 Posts
I haven't had any problems with my 7501 (5 yrs old)...i just switched out from a Sony 65" 930D to an LG OLED77CX; just watched " Unhinged", 4K 2020 Ultra HD 2160p the other night; I go thru my Anthem MRX 720, then to the TV via HDMI 1

1941 - 1954 of 1954 Posts