AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the specs on Philips site this new blu-ray player with wifi connectivity has features similar to the LG BD570, Samsung BD-C6500, and the Sony BDP-S570, and adds 3D.
http://www.usa.philips.com/c/blu-ray...dp7520_f7/prd/

Does anyone know its price or where it can be purchased? I did an internet search but found nothing.

I have 2 Philips upconverting DVD players, and except for their menu layout have been very pleased with their performance.

From all the comments and reviews on the LG, Samsung, and Sony players they all seem to be not yet ready for prime time, from connectivity and disk playing issues, frequent updates, and inconsistent video streaming.

The Philips player may not be any better than the others, but its another choice.

·
Registered
191 Posts
It seems to only be available directly from Philips at the moment. I was told I could buy it on-line by a philips rep but I don't see that option. She gave me the number to that department; I will call them tomorrow.

866-464-1682

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Kind of an odd bird. It has multichannel analog audio outs, but no mention of DTS-MA decoding, only Dolby TrueHD, so it would be kind of hamstrung in that mode. I assume it can bitstream though through HDMI...

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Philips has a home theater in box (speakers, player, receiver) that has the same 7520 designation, so I am thinking the player is the one in the HTIB. May not even be intended for individual sale.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have this bluray player right now. My wife got it for me for Christmas because it was 3D capable because she didn't know that the PS3 would play 3D movies. I also want to upgrade the video card in my HTPC so that it will play 3D movies. I don't need a stand-alone bluray player. If she doesn't return it, I may be selling it if anyone wants it. It's still in the box, and I can provide pictures if anyone wants to see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts