AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pevco /forum/post/0

I just purchased a Philips BDP9000 and I'd like to see what version of Firmware it has.

How do you check for the version?

Thanks,

Paul--

Create an upgrade disc and start the upgrade. Before it actually begins you'll be able to see your current version and the version it will upgrade to.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I reciently purchased mine from Amazon......had a couple of credit coupons to use to lower the price some, and also had free shipping.

The unit arrived in a couple of days.

It's hooked up to my Samsung hls-6187 and Yamaha THX receiver.

I have it set at 1080p even for regular DVDs.

The picture quality is just eye popping...............even the up scalling to standard DVDs.

The sound is great as well.

I'm very pleased with my purchase.

Would much rather have the Philips then the Samsung.

I just can't see paying $1000.00 for a BLU-RAY much to much.

I'm sure prices will come down and players will get better with more bells and whistles.............for now after seeing all the reports on the current and upcomming players........the Philips is my choice.

Hope this helps.

Paul--

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just spoke with Philips cust support.

Heres how to read the firmware:

Turn on player,

open door.....leave empty,

press "INFO" and hold, on remote...may take up to 5 seconds till a box opens up on your tv screen,

This will give you the firmware number etc.

After downloading the new firmware file from Philips web site..........it must be uncompressed. from the ZIP file.

You now have an ..........BDP9000_61019.iso file.

You must make a "image file" with your burning software to a blank cd data disk.

You should have three files now on the burned CD.

Incert this into the player...............Close the door, it will load and show you your current firmware and show you the new file.............and ask you if you want to update the firmware.

Answer yes..............this will now take about 15 minutes to update.

After this has completed...............you'll have to reset all your settings again.

English...audio... etc.

There you have it........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.