AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Philips 34PW9815 Match///Line HDTV

Does anyone know what i can get for this CRT? It is in perfect condition with remote and manual but has been owned for 5 years. Color is as crisp as the first day it was purchased. Has the natural motion mode which bring the picture to a more life-like theatrical aspect. I searched high and low on the board without any sucess. Do you think i can get at least $500 for it?

Thanks in advance

Angelo

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
I liked what I saw froi Philips at the CES show, but it's not too popular a brand in North America. The 'features' you quote don't add any value to the set, it's just Philips'

hype you're quoting....

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
And it will probably last longer than the Samsung..

·
Registered
18,506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo08 /forum/post/0

LOL. Cant get the damn Samsung calibrated probably as i had the Philips. Blcks seemed so true on the CRT, whereas they seem obsolete on the LCD.

Welcome to the fake world of digital!

See my CES reports on my website below. The Sammys have nice colors, but as with all digitals, the blacks all suck on them... except for the LED driven DLP that Samsung had there. 100,000:1 contrast ratio. No rainbows that I could see. Not in production yet. Estimated cost of the prototypes: $70K for a 50".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.