AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are several DBS/PVR combo recorders on the market including the Philips DSR6000. I know these units won't play back Hi-Def but do they down-convert a Hi-Def satellite source to 480i?

I have a DTC-100 and it will down-convert to 480i for recording but you can't watch the Hi-Def content while recording it down-converted at the same time. It's one or the other.

------------------

STOP DFAST NOW!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Dave,

The DirecTivo boxes cannot receive any HD content. You need a HD Set Top Box for that. SO the answer to your question is, They do not receive a HD signal so they do not downconvert an HD signal. I have the Phillips DTivo box in my bedroom and love it. Toward the end of summer they will activate the second tuner and I'll love it even more. Hope this helps.

Ira

------------------

Ira Solod [email protected]

Pioneer Elite 510, Lexicon DC-1 ver.4 DTS, Parasound 1205A 200W x [email protected] ohms, M&K S150THX LCR, M&K Surround-55 rears, Klipsch PSW-10 sub, Pioneer DV-F727, Quadscan Pro, DTC-100, JVC 7600 SVHS, Camelot Dragon 5.1, Power Wedge Ultra 111, Monster Power 2500, All homemade interconnects made mostly from RG-6QS

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.