Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

I have a 15 month old Philips DVD 963SA. Finally bought my first HDTV.

My question: will this player upconvert to 720p and pass the signals through component video connections? I don't see DVI or HDMI connectors on the back of this DVD player and can't find my user guide. I do see an optical audio port which I plan to connect to the stereo receiver.

Thank you

Jeffrey

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Newbie123
Hello friends,

I have a 15 month old Philips DVD 963SA. Finally bought my first HDTV.

My question: will this player upconvert to 720p and pass the signals through component video connections? I don't see DVI or HDMI connectors on the back of this DVD player and can't find my user guide. I do see an optical audio port which I plan to connect to the stereo receiver.

Thank you

Jeffrey
It's not an upconverting player.

There is a hacked firmware that allows it to output 1080i on component if you're desperate, but you'd probably be better off getting a scaler or a new DVD player if upconversion is important to you.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Some friends of mine have done a module with a LCD Display that plugs into the Philips. It will allow RGb output and above everything it will give you access to every usefull image setting paramters of the Fli2310 (no scaling, but truelife settings, image settings, full range ....).

The result is unbelievable !

They are working on the next and surely the last stage of this modd : scaling to 720p and 1080i in 50 and 60 Hz.

Believe me, you have to find a player above 2.000$ to match this player once modified.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.