AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As been *reported* earlier, sightings and rumours of the Philips DVD Q65 & Q75 are about as easy to find as eye witnesses to Nessie...

So a little sleuthing and I was able to retrieve the following image...

Details describe 720p out for the Q75 (probably via the DVI out connector).

Along with the Samsung HD1000, these are the only manufacturers to have units reporting to be capable of 720p. Is this growing evidence that 720p may be in our future (480 up-convert to 720p)? Both appear to use the fli2300...

Maybe a hack can be found for the SA963 to output 720p via component (US still has no release date - so, Europe, can you have this hack completed by the time we get ours
)

Considering I have not upgraded my DVD in four years, due to an esoteric form of "strategery" (timing my purchase to intersect the latest rumoured improvement to DVD technology and features)... I am once again wondering what to do. - wait for the eventual release of the SA963 or wait for a stand alone player that can up convert to 720p?

[Stacey / John K- can you press your contacts for a little info? Oh - any desire to have a paypal .pdf of round 3 of the DVD shootout - please include some HTPC. You could publish free the models reviewed, but details will be via paypal? Your work should be rewarded! ]

Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.