AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
4741 - 4760 of 4792 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks No.

My DVD+RW disks are Verbatim 4x, by most rated the best. However, all have been reused a lot and I only have 2 empty - both bombed on the 3575 but work fine when my PC uses them.

My DVD-R are Taiyo Yuden 8x plain lacquer, The best. I'll do another hard reset and try a -R disk and see what happens. More to come

·
Registered
26 Posts
Tried a Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD-R... for the dub HDD->DVD-R.

As before, it made it through the first pass and and it quit on the second pass with the "Cannot record to this disc" error message with E 22 in the LR corner.

What now?

TIA

noend7

·
Registered
949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by noend7 /forum/post/18088813

Well, the first had no effect.

The second (hard reset) got me able to erase/reformat an +RW disc.

I then tried a dub HDD->DVD+RW. It made it through the first pass and and it quit on the second pass with the "Cannot record to this disc" error message with E 22 in the LR corner. (I had gotten E 4 before). It did however write on the disc an "Empty Title" menu item the same size as the attempted dub

Suggestions?

TIA

Just to be sure we are on the same page, have you tried dubbing different programs to the DVD from the HDD? I have had 2 or 3 E22 errors, and the problem was always with the program on the HDD. When I tried to play it, it would stall at some point in the program, even though it had been OK at one time. I believe that all my troubles were traceable to the use of "Title Spit" and the eventual corruption it created.

The fact that your error number changed after the hard reset would make this seem less likely to be the issue, but I just thought it was worth asking.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by noend7 /forum/post/18089129

Tried a Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD-R... for the dub HDD->DVD-R.

As before, it made it through the first pass and and it quit on the second pass with the "Cannot record to this disc" error message with E 22 in the LR corner.

What now?

TIA

noend7

How full is the HDD? Don't own a 3575, but with the Panasonic hdd models, if there's too much recorded to the frive, with little free space left, it can cause dubbing and finalizing errors.

·
Registered
26 Posts
No harm in trying. I'll try several different HDD programs and see what happens.

OK, this is getting curiouser and curiouser!

I have two machines, a 3575 and a 2160W9A. The problem I raised have been with the 3575. So...

1. I tried dubbing two HDD programs that I'd not tried before to a TY DVD-R on the 3575. It worked flawlessly! So I'm now re-watching the HDD titles I'd previously tried to dub unsuccessfully on that machine to see if there are any visible "dings".

2. I tried one of the "bad" Verbatim DVD+RWs in the 2160. Erase/formatted it on on L3. Tried dubbing two HDD titles to it. It bombed with a "Cannot record..." error. BUT, there was a disk menu written to the rejected disc, with the first of the two titles in playable condition! Seems bizarre.

Both results seem totally counter-intuitive. But I'm sure no expert yet.

Suggestions?

TIA

noend7

·
Registered
14,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by noend7 /forum/post/18090054

No harm in trying. I'll try several different HDD programs and see what happens.

OK, this is getting curiouser and curiouser!

I have two machines, a 3575 and a 2160W9A. The problem I raised have been with the 3575. So...

1. I tried dubbing two HDD programs that I'd not tried before to a TY DVD-R on the 3575. It worked flawlessly! So I'm now re-watching the HDD titles I'd previously tried to dub unsuccessfully on that machine to see if there are any visible "dings".

2. I tried one of the "bad" Verbatim DVD+RWs in the 2160. Erase/formatted it on on L3. Tried dubbing two HDD titles to it. It bombed with a "Cannot record..." error. BUT, there was a disk menu written to the rejected disc, with the first of the two titles in playable condition! Seems bizarre.

Both results seem totally counter-intuitive. But I'm sure no expert yet.

Suggestion?

Did you turn Recording > Make Recording Compatible ON in the 2160 (and the 3576 while you're at it)? That way, discs created in one can be used in the other as described in the link below.

See Option 1 here.

·
Registered
26 Posts
wajo

That's not an issue. I'm just trying to dub titles off the 3575 HDD. No cross machine dubbing involved. That exercise just "proved" that my DVD+RW won't work on either one.

And Westley-C... There's only 7 hrs of SPP material on my 3575 HDD so I don't think that's an issue. Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
wajo

I think I figured it out.

The two titles on the 3575 HDD I was trying to dub to DVD were Unprotected. I protected them and was able to dub successfully to a DVD-R. Not sure why it made a difference

·
Registered
2,200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by noend7 /forum/post/18090685

wajo

I think I figured it out.

The two titles on the 3575 HDD I was trying to dub to DVD were Unprotected. I protected them and was able to dub successfully to a DVD-R. Not sure why it made a difference

It shouldn't have.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, I know it shouldn't, but it's the only change I made, and the dub worked. Maybe it was just another Super Bowl miracle. Who knows

noend7

·
Registered
26 Posts
wajo

I think I've solved my 3575 Dub to DVD problem. Thanks to your suggestions!

It was in reality two different problems.

First... One title on the HDD has some kind of glitch - although it plays fine from the HDD - and the machine bombs when it tries to actually write it to any valid disk. It generates the "Cannot record to this disc" error every time, no matter the type of disc, usually on the second pass of the attempted dub.

Second... Two of my Verbatim DVD+RW discs had apparently hit their capacity in the OPC area and the 3575 could not write to them without generating an error. They've been retired to use just on the computer, which seems to be fine with them.

But... I have successfully dubbed all the titles on the HDD to both Taiyo Yuden DVD-R and "fresher", but still much used, Verbatim DVD+RW discs. Problem solved.

Much thanks for your help!

noend7

·
Registered
42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by noend7 /forum/post/18100218

First... One title on the HDD has some kind of glitch - although it plays fine from the HDD - and the machine bombs when it tries to actually write it to any valid disk. It generates the "Cannot record to this disc" error every time, no matter the type of disc, usually on the second pass of the attempted dub.

I've had this problem a few times too, after editing commercials out of a lot of titles before high speed dubbing. So protecting the title allowed you to do a high speed dub this title with the glitch to DVD? Did you check the problem spot and see if it was OK?

Whenever I have had this issue, I always needed to carefully edit out the spot where the glitch was in order to do a high speed dub (but I never tried protecting the title). The only way I was able to dub a problem title to DVD without editing out the glitch was in real time mode, in which case the video would freeze for around 5-6 minutes in the problem area.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I recently have experienced macroblocking with the network channels (4.1, 7.1, 9.1) on my Philips 3575. I have the main cable running directly into the unit and another cable from the pass-thru to the TV. Pass-thru reception works fine. But while watching via the tuner I get a breakup in the picture and momentary sound loss every few minutes.

Does this mean the tuner is toast?

·
Registered
14,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Stanton /forum/post/18140556

I can't seem to dub a DVD+RW to the HDD (dubbing is grayed out). Am I doing something wrong or is this just not supported?

If the DVD is Finalized or a +RW, the Dubbing menu can't be used... have to use D.Dubbing, as described in this help file.

For a list of all the help files, click #1 in my signature.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I tried it both ways (dubbing menu and D.Dubbing) and it won't work. DVD+R works fine. The RW was not recorded in the unit, it was recorded in my computer as a DVD-Video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo /forum/post/18140572

If the DVD is Finalized, the Dubbing menu can't be used... have to use D.Dubbing, as described in this help file.

For a list of all the help files, click #1 in my signature.

·
Registered
14,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Stanton /forum/post/18140692

I tried it both ways (dubbing menu and D.Dubbing) and it won't work. DVD+R works fine. The RW was not recorded in the unit, it was recorded in my computer as a DVD-Video.

So, when you start the +RW playing, then press D.Dub button, nothing happens... no indication the playing title is being copied to the HDD?

·
Registered
20 Posts
The screen displays a red circle with a line through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo /forum/post/18140750

So, when you start the +RW playing, then press D.Dub button, nothing happens... no indication the playing title is being copied to the HDD?

·
Registered
14,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Stanton /forum/post/18140828

The screen displays a red circle with a line through it.

It apparently doesn't like the computer-generated disc or it has some formatting that acts like copy-protections (?). I guess you'd have to set up a separate player with line connections between the two, then play/record like copying a tape.

4741 - 4760 of 4792 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.