AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello all. My first post to your group. It seems that my dvr is losing its color. I first thought my tv had problems, such is not the case. Anyway, the color has been taking longer and longer to come on. I think it finally gave up. I'd like to find a schematic or a service manual. Any thoughts? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
The first thing to check is that the Philips and your TV input/output connections are fully seated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I am using the yellow video out jack to my tv, and I am seeing everything in black and white. I tried playing with the connection and tried swapping out the cable, but so far, nothing works; I'm only getting a black and white display. I located a service manual online and will probably do a bit of poking around. 

·
Registered
4,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by timzmud  /t/1522214/philips-dvdr3575h-color-output/0_60#post_24482759

I am using the yellow video out jack to my tv, and I am seeing everything in black and white. I tried playing with the connection and tried swapping out the cable, but so far, nothing works; I'm only getting a black and white display. I located a service manual online and will probably do a bit of poking around

Be very careful when attempting to use the most commonly located 3575 (and 3577, 3595, 3597 variant) Service Manual. That multi-model Service Manual is for European models that have different operating and service mode functionality than 3575 models found in North America.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I have noticed the difference. I plan on using it in only the most general ways. I've seen the 3575 service manual advertised on some websites that can be downloaded for a fee. I wonder if anyone has experience with them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts