AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did Philips discontinue this box? I went online , looking to see if they put up new firmware after not having been there in quite awhile, .... the DVDR3575 is NOT listed among the DVR's....it is, however, there if you search for it by name. What does this imply? Are they no longer making them? Will they still support those of us who do have one? Did I overlook something important?

·
Registered
13,294 Posts
It's been on back-order status at Circuit City for a while. Walmart online has it listed in-stock at $248. That sounds like a clearance price. I had the feeling it wouldn't be around by the summer and unfortunately nothing has been announced to take it's place. This is a real shame.

·
Registered
14,210 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo /forum/post/13012451

It's still there. I've been to their site before when it seemed hard to find, but I pulled up this page right away under DVD stuff.

Their support page is still in the same place with a new Leaflet, dated 1/30/08.

I think the $248 unit at Wal-Mart is the combo unit, DVDR3545V/37.

It's sorta ominous that it's not in the master list, and it appears to be in short supply recently. Plus, no recent firmware upgrades....I wonder if the DRM (digital rights management, I think) issue is the reason?

·
Registered
13,294 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo /forum/post/13012451

I think the $248 unit at Wal-Mart is the combo unit, DVDR3545V/37.

Yes, you are quite correct. My bad, the type is small on my screen. However, I looked through the list and do not see the 3575 listed on Walmart at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts