AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a dell 531 inspiron pc, no dvi out no real output to the philips flatscreen, if i take it to bestbuy and have then install a cheap card with dvi,hdmi out, then all i need to do is connect the cables to the tv so i would be able to watch the flatscreen as my monitor?

this is the video card ***

Product Features

Powered by the ATI RADEON HD2400 XT graphics processing unit (GPU)

256MB DDR2 memory

PCI Express x16 interface

From our expanded online assortment; not available in all Best Buy stores

700MHz core clock speed

ATI Avivo HD technology video and display engine allows you to connect to high-definition displays with high-definition audio support

DirectX 10 support enhances gameplay by delivering sharper images, more textures and the improved lighting effects that create lifelike interactivity and immersive realism

Windows Aero user interface and ATI Catalyst graphics management software ensures a quick and easy setup of graphics, video and multiple displays

Fully integrated high-definition audio support enables playback of multichannel (5.1) audio streams; compatible with HDCP for HDMI connectivity

Outputs: 1 DVI-I, HDMI, VGA

Compatible with Microsoft Windows Vista

then can i just buy a hdmi cable and hook it into the tv?

or can i also buy a dvi --> component cable and achieve the same result?

thank you os much for your help

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
The DVI to HDMI adapters are cheap though. I even have a cable and adpater here I no longer use that I was thinking of selling on eBay for $50 or so...PM me if your do go that route and need this one cable/adapter set I no longer use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts