AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am on the market for a soundbar to complement my new Samsung F8500 TV. I have the TV relatively small room, as such I think a soundbar would be the best solution as opposed to a full surround sound system. I have been looking into soundbars and these are two I have looked into. My budget is around $1500-1800, and I understand that the Philips is much cheaper than my budget, but I have heard excellent things about it. Which would you choose out of these two, or do you guys have any suggestions for other options for a soundbar within my budget.

Thanks,

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't like the cinemate at all, definitely not worth the money. Honestly, I just went through 3 bats, pioneer sb23w Andrew jones, $300, HK sb26 $500, Sony ht-st7 $1300. The best sounding one is sb23w, this Andrew jones guy is a freaking acoustic genius! The only problem I find with the sb23w, is bse while strong isn't punchy enough. I've found that cost doesn't see,m to equate in quality of sound in the soundbar world, because Sony to me is the least satisfying, the cinemate was not that you'd IMHO,

I wish pioneer would give jones bigger budget for an elite sound bar because his acoustic ear is near perfection.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadia11  /t/1520291/philips-htl-9100-7180-vs-bose-cinemate-1sr#post_24424007

I wish pioneer would give jones bigger budget for an elite sound bar because his acoustic ear is near perfection.

How about about an active 5.1 Andrew Jones soundbar?

Sign me up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You and me both, I want high quality soundbar with AJ engineering , that includes a pwerful sub, and rear wireless speakers. This seems to be the nirvana for me, include the floor stands for the speakers. I'd pay $1000+ for such a package easy.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Mr. Jones has from time to time dropped in on these threads, particularly the thread which discusses his remarkable Pioneer towers and bookshelf speakers. I hope he reads this thread.

I'm waiting to see how the 54 Vizio 5.1 pans out, but an Andrew Jones active 5.1 would be impressive. If he wants to make the rear speaker wireless, I'm okay with that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts