AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any luck with re-using the cut off segments from their Light Strip or Light Strip Plus (just released). It seems silly to have to purchase another $$$ LS+ (light strip plus) Kit when I already have my desired length from the leftovers of my original kit.

I guess you'd need to recreate the little box that attaches to the end of the strip. So what you'd need is a power supply (don't think it's hard to find an appropriate one for the strip) AND an RF transmitter (the hard part) that can talk to the bridge.

Has anyone tried this with success? Willing to buy some supplies and test, but I don't have any experience in this world :confused:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I haven't used those strips, but RF part you refer to is Hue's Zigbee module. I don't know for sure, but I think that is where most of the $$$ goes into. LED strip itself is not that expensive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
search amazon for "Wireless electronic ballast FLS-PP lp" these work with rgb and rgbw led strips, its basically a zigbee receiver for led strips

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same question. I purchased the Philips Hue Bluetooth Smart Lightstrip Plus 2m/6ft Base Kit with Plug with the hope of putting them on our kitchen cabinets. I did not think i would have so much trouble finding a way to re connect the cut ends. 1 strip will do exactly what I need if cut into 4 sections, but cannot find any way to connect the cut ends.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts