AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Philips hue par19 starter pack, includes 3 bulbs, bridge and cables

I bought the philips hue color changing par19 starter set. For my can lighting is better served with the par16 bulbs. I will either trade for the par16's or sell the new par19's for $45 each shipped to the lower 48 states. OR, $125 shipped for all three.

Ron

Here's an introduction to HUE

http://www2.meethue.com/en-us/what-is-hue/the-system/

Zombie does a great job of explaining HUE and shows us the results:

I've been converting my whole house to LED lighting and have been trying to figure out how to handle the lighting in my downstairs that has the HT room. All the other lights are controlled by Z-wave switches or outlets but the downstairs has all the lights (quite a few of them) connected to the same switch. I wanted more control than just off/on/dimming.

I read about the Philips Hue a while ago and quickly forgot about it considering the very high cost of around $60 per lamp. I decided to give the $199 kit a try which includes the Philips Hue hub that can handle 50 lamps + 3 A19's which are the typical screw in bulbs which fit the wall fixtures I have in the other parts of my room.

let's just say after the first night, it turned into this 2 days later.. I have a number of G10's for the eyeball lights around the HT.

Some comments about the lights:

• The A19's are the nicest LED's i've come across. The overall shape and look of the light is great imo. The light dispersion is very even, I am using them in an open fixture where the lamp itself is exposed. Philips really put some thought into the appearance of the lamp and the diffuser.

• The G10's are also excellent, I've been through many different GU10 LED's, these without a doubt have the nicest light dispersion. more kudos to Philips for their diffuser design.

• Easy to setup. The Android and IOS software is plentiful and each app is easy to use. The ability to control each of the 15 lights is amazing. I can set up groups for various event - full brightness, dimmer setting for ambient light viewing or 'theater mode' which shuts off all light except 2 which are in a different part of the room. This makes it easy to get up and get snacks, etc without having to turn on all the lights in the room.

• White light control - besides the ability to change to the various colors, the real power of these lights is full control over white light. We can adjust anywhere from 2000-7000 Kelvin and anything in between with great accuracy. That is my one concern over any lighting, I am picky about color temperature. This is great to be able to set any white point.

• An added bonus, you can use the Cree 60watt bulbs at home depot for only $15 and they work fine with the Hue system for basic on / off / dimming in other areas of the house

An example of the various lighting modes in the video below. 2 items, my Nikon D90 from 2009 era is blowing out the highlights of the lights on the screen. it's smoother appearing in person. Also the transitions look a little jumpy, the CCD is getting a workout trying to adapt to the various color changes.

around 2 minutes, I jump to a different part of the room that is not blacked out so you can see the GU10's on a painted wall. We can see the various white temperatures. Very easy to change the mood of the entire room with a quick click.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQe_Dwa-FYI

some photos of the various color capabilities:

I highly recommend this kit if you are looking for a lighting solution for your blacked out room. All my guests who have seen it so far are amazed at the colors and the easy controls.
UPDATED 3/24

Changing my ad to reflect a new offer. Par19 Bulbs for $45 shipped each or $125 shipped for all three.

Thanks for looking

Ron

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Last chance before I head to ebay. I'll offer two new price options:

$100 plus $15 shipping for all three par19 color changing bulbs shipped to lower 48

Or

The entire starter pack of 3 par19 bulbs, the bridge and cables for $120 plus $20 shipping to lower 48

I accept paypal or check (after it clears)

Thanks
Ron

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Individual PAR19 color changing Philips HUE bulbs now $38 shipped to the lower 48 states. I have 3 bulbs at the $38 each. Or buy all 3 for $99 shipped.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Are these still available? Are they the 431650 bulbs?

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are these still available? Are they the 431650 bulbs?
yes, still available and they are the Par19 color changing bulbs. I googled the part # above and Amazon shows the Par19 color changing bulbs...so they are the same.

Price is $99 shipped for all three bulbs. They will be double boxed.

·
Registered
452 Posts
OK, sold! I will set it up with the PayPal account you gave in the PM.

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These lamps are sold to xuniman. Thank you for the purchase. I will ship out tomorrow and forward a tracking number.

Thanks
Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts