AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I feel kind of stupid not knowing this, but I have a Philips Pet 1002 portable DVD player and I'd like to connect it to an external screen. The screen I have has a DVI-D port (which I assume is the same as DVI) and an analog port. The Pet 1002 has an S-video port and a component video port. Anyone know what I need to do, if anything, to get from player to screen? Is there some sort of adapter I can get?

If the two are incompatible, should I simply look for a screen that has an S-video port? Is there such a thing?

·
Registered
30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vudio-Aisual /forum/post/18137657

OK, I feel kind of stupid not knowing this, but I have a Philips Pet 1002 portable DVD player and I'd like to connect it to an external screen. The screen I have has a DVI-D port (which I assume is the same as DVI) and an analog port. The Pet 1002 has an S-video port and a component video port. Anyone know what I need to do, if anything, to get from player to screen? Is there some sort of adapter I can get?

If the two are incompatible, should I simply look for a screen that has an S-video port? Is there such a thing?

there is a s-video to dvi-d adaptor on market to solve your problem , check this site.: http://www.hdtvsupply.com/stodvcoandsc.html

regards

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I own this model and I am pretty certain it came with a component video output cable.

It's a nice portable DVD player, it was the only model I saw (when I bought it) that had a full DVD resolution screen. All the others had screens which were under DVD resolution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.