AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little over a year ago I had my set calibrated. As expected, the calibrator set the overscan to the best setting for my (somewhat rare) TV. Well, this TV has Automatic Phosphor Aging Compensation, so in other words, it shifts the picture left, right, up, and down at random to avoid burn-in. It turns out that whenever this shift reaches the TOP of this range, my picture starts "twitching" about every 15-30 seconds.

To make a long story short, I know for sure that the problem is related to the height of the picture. So I'm trying to find the service menu code and the correct register to adjust the height of the picture. Can anyone help me? The set is a Marantz PV6480W, which is really a Philips 64PP9751 in Marantz clothing.

Incidentally, my set was Calibrated by Steve Martin (aka Cheezmo), and he did an AMAZING job on it. I recommend his work to anyone within his geographic range. I've checked around and I know that this problem is specific to my particular set, not to this model in general. Despite that, the first time I experienced this Steve came back out and adjusted the set again. (It wasn't until later that I realized that I probably need to go one step shorter in picture height to eliminate the problem completely, so I didn't feel it was fair to ask Steve to make yet another trip.)

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Dale

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
You have a PM...

Dan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.