AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone who owns a Philips and needs to call Philips support, here are a few tips. These tips would probably apply to any service call for any manufacturer, but I know they will work for Philips. If you want to see the specifics of my issues see this thread . That thread will be updated later today. **Thread has been updated with the details of my Philips support experience...so far.

1) Get a photo of the problem and post that photo on the web somewhere.

According to everyone I talked to at Philips they don't have "external" e-mail, only internal, but they do have Internet access. I also know that they will save a copy of that photo in the call ticket so that others can view it.
2) Check to see if the issue occurs when the menu is up on the screen.

Based on my experience, knowing if the menu is affected helps the support guys/gals troubleshoot the issue. Again, if possible, get a photo.
Below are some tips specific to a Philips 42PF9976/37 so YMMV on other Philips models.

3) The Customer Service Menu can be accessed by pressing 123654Info on the remote, or was it 123654Menu (don't have my notes).

This is NOT THE TECHNICAL SERVICE MENU. This menu willONLY DISPLAY information. What you see are error codes (if any), software/firmware revisions, etc. The lines indicating errors are clearly marked (two lines) and should contain zeros. Mine actually had a few numbers contained in the first line, but according Philips didn't actually indicate a problem.
4) One of the troubleshooting steps that I was asked to complete was a "reboot" of the tv.

To reboot the TV, unplug the power cord from the back and wait a few seconds. While holding the POWER BUTTON IN plug the power cord back in. This (if I remember correctly) will place the settings back at the factory defaults.
I hope that these tips are not needed by anyone on the forum but if you need it, you got.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.