AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently wavering between these two TVs. Anyone have a chance to compare them directly? I know that the 18 has pixel plus and the 46 doesn't. Are there any other major tech/pq diffences between them anyone is aware of? If you have an 18, do you think PP is worth the extra $250.00 I'd have to pay for the 18?

One further question, on both of these sets the resolution is stated at 1200x1080i. What's the deal with that? I thought it should be 19whatever by 1080i.

Thanks in advance for any comments. I've enjoyed reading the previous posts concerning these sets.

Fran

·
Registered
182 Posts
I could be wrong, but I think the vast majority of consumer level HD displays do not yet support 1920 pixels in width. A few really really expensive front projection units do.

I think RPTVs are in the 1500 pixels range, whereas most directviews are about 1000-1200.

Don't quote me on this as I could be severely wrong, but I know I read about it somewhere.

·
Registered
182 Posts
By the way, if the difference is a mere $250, I'd definately get the 9818. If I'm not mistaken, I think the 9818 is the first Philips in the directview family to have more than 1 HD input also. It has two: AV3 and AV4. Both have component input support, and AV3 gives you RGB as an option also.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Azael,

Thanks for your replies and the heads up onthe two HD inputs on the 9818. I checked the spec sheet and you are right about that. That is enough to make my mind up for me.

Thanks again,

Fran

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.