AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know anything about this television? I love the looks of this tv and everything on the specs is awesome, but the tv was setting next to a Panasonic at C****** and the Phillips did not look nearly as sharp. Is it the way they have them setup?

Give me your feedback or any info on this tv.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rloddy /forum/post/0

Does anybody know anything about this television? I love the looks of this tv and everything on the specs is awesome, but the tv was setting next to a Panasonic at C****** and the Phillips did not look nearly as sharp. Is it the way they have them setup? Give me your feedback or any info on this tv.

Some people have it here and they like it, others have bought it at Costco and have had a few problems. Fortunately, there's the return option.

I personally have and recommend the 9631 line with Ambilight for a few $$$ more. The PQ seems a bit sharper and the quality a bit higher. I still think the 9431 is OK but I think you should always go for the top-of-the-line model from most companies anyway.

·
Registered
904 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carioca_FL /forum/post/0

Can the ambilight be turned off? I really don't find it appealing -and it feels rather cheesy.

Not really, if you attemp to turn it off, the display explodes...BBWWAAHHHAAA

Seriously, yes you can turn it off. also it has other cool settings. After you try it, it grows on you.

·
Registered
70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rloddy /forum/post/0

Does anybody know anything about this television? I love the looks of this tv and everything on the specs is awesome, but the tv was setting next to a Panasonic at C****** and the Phillips did not look nearly as sharp. Is it the way they have them setup?

Give me your feedback or any info on this tv.

I had this for just over a month and then flipped on the morning of the AFC conference championship and was greeted with a black screen and a red blinking light. I did a quick search on this site and found that it was most likely a blown signal board and that it's a bit too common on not only this model, but on all Philips. I exchanged it for the 50" panny and couldn't be happier. The picture is better and I have experienced no issues with it. Prior to the Phillips dying, I experienced some rather strange behavior (color shifts, powering off etc) that point to all around quality control problems at Philips. Yes, every manufacturer has problems, but Philips are too common.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jread23 /forum/post/0

Prior to the Phillips dying, I experienced some rather strange behavior (color shifts, powering off etc) that point to all around quality control problems at Philips. Yes, every manufacturer has problems, but Philips are too common.

Sounds like BSOD which you could have probably fixed with a firmware upgrade.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carioca_FL /forum/post/0

Can the ambilight be turned off? I really don't find it appealing -and it feels rather cheesy.

Does the 9431 have Ambilight?

You're Ambilight has an ON and OFF switch. When it's turned ON, the Ambilight is on...when it's turned OFF, the Ambilight is off.
Seriousley, most of us love Ambilight and I'm surprised you don't like it in a dark room.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.